Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

· Registered
29,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to pick up either a S&W Shield or a Glock 43. The $250 price tag on the Shield a long with $20 mags is pretty attractive, so I'm wondering how nice the gun is from people that own it or own both.

· Premium Member
13,623 Posts
Wanting to pick up either a S&W Shield or a Glock 43. The $250 price tag on the Shield a long with $20 mags is pretty attractive, so I'm wondering how nice the gun is from people that own it or own both.
I don't own either, but the new 4"' Shields, might be worth checking out.

Thought I would post this, for those who may be unaware of Smith's new Shields.

Edit: The Shield, has garnered an exceptional track record, the G43 as well!

https://www.smith-wesson.com/

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun barrel Airsoft gun

· M62/76
14,804 Posts
I prefer the Glock 43 myself. Neither are “small” really but I find that the Shield, while thin, feels bigger than the 43 in my hands. Almost like crushing a stress ball, the more you squeeze it, the greater surface area it takes up.

· Banned
7,641 Posts
I don't own either, but the new 4"' Shields, might be worth checking out.

Thought I would post this, for those who may be unaware of Smith's new Shields.

Edit: The Shield, has garnered an exceptional track record, the G43 as well!

https://www.smith-wesson.com/

View attachment 548660
Customers I’ve talked to think the performance center ones are not worth the price.

The one I’ve talked to say the trigger has a barely perceptible difference over stock.

I’ve only ever fired the Shield EZ and I like it.

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,919 Posts
The Shield has more options; Higher capacity magazines and the option of a manual safety for example, and at half the price. Very comfortable to shoot. I own a Shield and I've owned a G43, I much prefer the Shield. For the price of a G43 you can get a Shield, add night sights and a nice holster and have change left over for ammo.

· Premium Member
13,623 Posts
Customers I’ve talked to think the performance center ones are not worth the price.

The one I’ve talked to say the trigger has a barely perceptible difference over stock.

I’ve only ever fired the Shield EZ and I like it.
Yeah, I believe that! The current Performance Center, can't hold a candle to the original!

· Registered
259 Posts
I carry both of them; the Shield 1.0 and G43. The Shield has an Apex Tactical hard sear and Strike Industries magazine extension. The G43 has a Taran Tactical connector and magazine extensions. I shoot and like them both equally.

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,919 Posts
I should add, I got rid of the G43 but still have the Shield. If I didn't carry the Ruger LC9s I'd carry the Shield. The G43 is simply inferior to other single-stack 9mm's.

· NRA Life member
590 Posts
I bought a Shield 2.0 just over two months ago and have about 200+ rounds through it. I went through a selection process and evaluated (shot) the P365, LC9S, kahr, G43 and handled others. The Shield was the one that spoke to me. The others were good, I'm not about to talk them down. So far I have no regrets about my selection of the Shield.

· Registered
10,325 Posts
I prefer the Glock 43 myself. Neither are “small” really but I find that the Shield, while thin, feels bigger than the 43 in my hands. Almost like crushing a stress ball, the more you squeeze it, the greater surface area it takes up.
Just why I prefer the shield in hand fit. The 43 is too small for me. Though I strongly dislike the M&P hinged trigger.

Prefer the Glock 26 to either.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.