Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Less is more!
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range today and after shooting my rifles for awhile, I decided to try my G20 at the 200 yard gong. I aimed about 4" above the gong and kept missing by hitting to the right and left when the wind was blowing.
I had my friends spot for me and came mighty close but ran out of the only ammo I had with me. (One loaded mag.)
I was shooting Hornady 200 grain ammo and was impressed that I came mighty close.
I wish I could brag I hit it, but I didn't!
Anyway, how far have you shot your Glock and hit something?

·
Free American
619 Posts
A friend of mine hit a staple gun after three shots from the hundred yard mark (staple gun was broke already).

·
Curious Member
19,885 Posts
I think it's important to note the caliber.

A 9mm isn't going to go the distance a 10mm will.

I think the farthest I've shot with my G19 is 25yds.

-Emt1581

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I tried shooting at 100 yards with my g30. i had to aim, then pick up the muzzle until i no longer saw my target. then i shot. i got it onto the paper 3 times out of ten but it drops about 3-4 feet at that range.

·
Banned
2,504 Posts
I think it's important to note the caliber.

A 9mm isn't going to go the distance a 10mm will.

I think the farthest I've shot with my G19 is 25yds.

-Emt1581

I remember when me an a buddy set some clays on the 100 yard berm a few years ago. I had a P226 and he had a XD9. One of the range experts laughed so loud his fat belly rolled like one would expect Santas would. He even told us 9mm will not go 100 yards. He was serious. 9mm does not go 100 yards.

After a magazine from each of us all the targets had been broken. We didn't do it lethal weapon style, we took our time and used the fundamentals of marksmanship and whadya know, our 9mms not only went 100 yards, we broke the clays........

Ok, back to the question....

Last time I was on the 200 yard range I let loose on the 12" gong with the G19 and Lawman 124 TMJ. I can not remember how much I shot, but it was one full mag and a part of another, like 20-25 rounds total. I got two solid hits and another round hit the rod that it hung by. The other rounds were pretty darn close for that range......

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have never tried to shoot beyond 25yds. until today...I was shooting my G21SF from the bench and use a B-27 center target with an orange dot for an aiming point. I had 10 rounds of Fed American Eagle 230gr FMJ. I had 3 in the 8 ring, 5 hits in the 9 ring, and 2 hits in the 10 ring. No X ring, but since the 8/9/10/X ring all count as 5 points each on that target, I got a perfect 100 out of 100. For a guy who wears bifocals, I guess that's not so bad especially for my first time ever at 50 yds.

·
NRA Life Member
246 Posts
I have shot at 100 yards with the G19 and the G20. A paper plate was hit with the G20.....off to the left....could not get dead center. The G19 made some dust off to the right....had to hold it about 5 inches above....just does not quite cut it with the 9mm.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Model 19 at 50 yards I was hitting bowling pins 80% of the time. Tried 100 yards and hit 3 out of 10. At that distance, it was probably just luck.

·
aSun666
1,594 Posts
Ok, I know you guys will not believe this. But at Rio Salado Gun Club in Mesa, Arizona, I have hit the 300yd gong with my buddies G17. One mag used to guide into target. Confirmed kill with 16x scope. I believe I was aiming almost 8-10'' above target.

captdreifus

·
Premium Member
28,686 Posts
I shoot when I do formal training at the 25 yard line frequently, and very infrequently from the 50 yard line.

From the 25yd line, I have shot G17, G19,G22, P226, P229, P250 and that Ruger LCP .380

From the 50yd line, G17, P229.

Time time I do some rifle shooting, I will shoot some handgun out to 100 yards to see if that works.

'Drew

·
Registered
23 Posts
100 Yards with a G22. 24x24 inch steel plates , if you just press that trigger you will ring that steel every time

·
Registered
964 Posts
I am very accurate at 25 yds with my G22. :supergrin:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Most of my shooting has been at indoor ranges, so 25 yards has been my max so far.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts