How Does This Make Any Sense?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SnowCajun, Nov 5, 2010.

1. SnowCajun

SnowCajun Old, no cure!

I ordered something I need over the internet and it was shipped via UPS. While on the web earlier today I happened to check the tracking number and discovered my package had arrived in town, but obviously too late to get on the UPS trucks for delivery today.

Being that UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday or Sunday I phoned and asked where I could come pick up my package. I was politely told I was not allowed to pick up my own package because of their shipper contracts until after they'd attempted to deliver the package at least one time.

I explained to the lady that here I am willing to save their company fuel money and delivery money that they've already been paid for by coming and getting my own package, plus I'd be able to use my item that I need over the weekend instead of having to wait until Monday, but no dice, "it's not allowed" she said! How does that make any sense? Who in heck comes up with rules like this???

2. catalyst686

catalyst686

This would involve them having to spend hours looking on a truck or on belts for the specific package. When a tracking number says your package is in town or ready for distribution it still needs to get sorted and loaded into the proper truck, which takes hours to do.

3. RedTop

RedTop

Question answered in bold. :wavey:

4. SnowCajun

SnowCajun Old, no cure!

Ah .. so change one word in my quote, "shipper" to "union", and it all makes sense? I never thought about them being union.

catalyst686, to respond to your thoughts, I asked if my package had been offloaded and easy to access and she was honest enough to tell me, "yep, it's just behind the wall here, but I'm sorry I just can't let you come get it!" It did make me a little mad, a little frustrated, but not angry per se, but she had such a sweet voice anyway, one of those voices that just makes ya feel like you don't want to be a jerk with them about stuff. Monday won't kill me, but it'd have been nice to have had it today.

5. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    The real question is:

What are you going to do about it?:whistling:

6. solomansousana

solomansousana

FEDEX has an option, when you check on an order, and it has not yet left your local office for delivery, you can check the box that will have them hold the item for pick up in person. I try not to ship via UPS as I've had a lot of packages go missing or arrive days late.

7. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Ever see one Indiana Jones movie, where they stored the Lost Ark in a government warehouse? Imagine finding one package in a UPS depot.