How do you ???

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Philster_60085, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Philster_60085

Philster_60085

How do you attach actual pictures in the threads (as I have seen with some people) instead of a link that you have to click on to see the picture?

2. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

there is a box at the bottom of any new thread or post reply page that says "Attach File:", with the valid file extensions.

If you are going to post a picture though, try and resize it to a maximum of 1024x768... it makes it much easier to see. If you search google for "Free Image Resizer" you can find quite a few that will do the trick for you.

3. c-mama

c-mama

If you want the picture to show up in the post, you need to know the location of the picture. There are buttons above the reply box and you click on the IMG button and enter the address of the photo you want to show. You need to be careful, though, because some sites do not allow hotlinking (linking from their site to show up on another). You can save images to your hard drive and upload them to photobucket (free hosting site) and you can hotlink those.

I have my own site and space and I use it to post pictures.

[​IMG]

4. Razoreye

Razoreye ♥♥Adorkable!♥♥

If you don't attach it and don't want to link it you can use the [​IMG] image tags to display pictures hosted off-site. Get your own host, either free or payed for, instead of sucking up someone else's bandwidth.

5. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

My bad, I mis-read your post, so ignore my first one... lol