Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple of Garmin 1450 gps units and I have tried to use my ole computer to download the updated maps. But I keep getting an error message saying I need a 64 bit windows to do the download? Anyone have any ideas on how to download this stuff or do I have to buy a new computer just for this stuff? :wow:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I can't get far enough into Garmin's update facilities to see if they have versions for 32 and 64 bit OSs and it has been awhile since I did any updates from them. Is it possible that you missed the difference and downloaded the 64 bit version when there was a 32 bit version available?

If you have some time on your hands you can call customer support but my last experience with them started with well over half an hour on hold even though I called very early in the day. They did get me fixed up eventually.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
I use Garmin (2 of them) and you can find 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Dig some more.

·
Registered
18,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use Garmin (2 of them) and you can find 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Dig some more.
I guess I will keep looking. The automatic system keeps sending me to the 64 bit stuff. :crying:

·
Registered
18,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't get far enough into Garmin's update facilities to see if they have versions for 32 and 64 bit OSs and it has been awhile since I did any updates from them. Is it possible that you missed the difference and downloaded the 64 bit version when there was a 32 bit version available?

If you have some time on your hands you can call customer support but my last experience with them started with well over half an hour on hold even though I called very early in the day. They did get me fixed up eventually.
I actually got right through on a call but the lady didn't seem to have an easy answer..she said try a library and they have blocks on large downloads. :shocked: So I will keep trying here at home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts