How do you shoot your sub-compact?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DrtyHarry, Feb 6, 2010.

1. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

I find myself most accurate curling my pinky under the magazine, others prefer the use of an extension of some sort.

What's your preferred method to use (to be used as a CCW)?

DH

2. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

i have one mag with the extender and one without. I like the extender better. A place to put you pinky. It cost $10 (theextender not the pinky lol), i didnt put one on both mags (i only own the two) because the stock one makes the gun more compact.

I don't carry. If i felt i had to carry, i'd move.

3. den888

den888

I shoot my G26 without any mag extender. I have a Pachmayr Slip On grip and the rest of the gun is stock.

4. paintballwannab

paintballwannab

bad things do happen in good places too.

5. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

6. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

That's what I have on my 27 (w/curled pinky). :wavey:

DH

7. ChillerDr

ChillerDr NRA Member

My sub compact is a Beretta px4sc that came with a mag that has a pivoting section for better grip. I like the way it feels better than Glock's sub compact pistols.

8. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

26 here. I have the two 10 round mags, one with +0 and one regular. The regular gets carried in the gun in the holster and I happily shoot it with my pinky curled under. I carry the other one as an extra sometimes. I've been meaning to go back to normal but just keep forgetting.

Usually for a backup though I carry a 17 round mag and grip it like a G17 I guess. Until you shoot it with your pinky under you'll never know if it's right for you. I was scared I'd drop it, first shot I was sold. Shot a G27 like it too, didn't like the caliber but it wasn't too terrible without an extension.

9. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

Interesting. It's funny you mention the pinky under the mag. I caught myself holding my G30 that way several times in the last few days, just sitting on the couch. I do have an grip extension, but was sliding my pinky under the mag anyway. Now you've really got me thinking about actually trying the technique at the range. Seems like you would have better control using the extension. Anyone else got thoughts about this?

10. ChillerDr

ChillerDr NRA Member

11. sargespd

sargespd

Are you fricken serious? Do you not realize that bad things happen to good people in the best of neighborhoods? I don't mean to be insulting but quite honestly that is the most naive, clueless attitude in the world. You and only you are responsible for your safety. I would love to live in a world where no one had to worry about predators or criminals, but that just isn't the way things work. I have 23 years as a cop behind me, and I don't carry a gun because I have to, but because I can. I choose to be the one who protects myself and those I care for. If you want to ignore reality, that is your choice, but it doesn't change reality.

12. ronin.45

ronin.45

I like pinky extensions. I can shoot it either way but it feels better with extensions.

13. sargespd

sargespd

I have carried big guns and small guns, .380 to .45acp, to .41mag. Currently my G27 is my daily carry pistol, with a +2 extension on the magazine and a spare mag in my pocket. With the extension it is just as easy as shooting a full sized pistol, but it carries very very discreetly. I am looking forward to the summer when I can go back to my beloved Hawaiian shirts to cover my G27. I love being able to conceal a great pistol and 23 rounds of serious defensive ammo while dressed comfortably. And the 27 shoots like a champ.

14. freeride88

freeride88

Ha. Good one.

Wait, are you serious?

15. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

+1 for the +1. PG-2733. Adds one round capacity and gives you a place for the pinky without adding much in terms of size. It also has the same stipling as the factory finger grooves so it looks like it came that way.

16. jlankf1

jlankf1

I prefer my 27 with a pinky extension.

17. up1911fan

up1911fan

GAP floorplates. If I wanted to use an extension i'd carry the G19.

18. table

table

i have a 26 with the stock and +2 Glock mags. i shoot about equally well with both but the +2 mag just feels better to hold.

19. Asmodeus6

Asmodeus6

I also have one 10 round magazine in original configuration and one with the PG-2733 (+1) and I must admit I really like the extension. But I have no problems going 'without'. It is also still not the same as "just getting a 19" because the grip angle in the back is still significantly reduced in comparison to the medium sized 19 even with the +1 extension. I've still got to try some of the other things to see what I like best.

I question the actual advantage of the GAP floor plate as it adds no place for a finger, yet protrudes awkwardly? But I haven't used one either. What am I missing?

As to the original question my pinky naturally ends up under the gun.

20. beancounter81

beancounter81

I don't find the protrusion awkward at all - it provides a little "shelf" to keep my ring finger from slipping down during firing (big fingers) and makes for a very secure grip. I have the GAP floorplates on all my G27 mags and don't find the "pinky curl" to be an issue. To each his own, but I don't have any need/desire for a pinky extension or +1/+2 extension. If I want/need a higher capacity backup mag when carrying the G27, I'll carry a 15-rounder from my G22.