Glock Talk banner

How do you remove nail polish from the lettering on a pistol?

12032 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  D.B.Cooper
I just got a used Sig 220 and someone got a little carried away with back filling the lettering with white nail polish and I want it gone. What is the best way to do this without ruining the finish which I believe is cerakote not sure though. Thanks in advance.
Reactions: Glockdude1
I just got a used Sig 220 and someone got a little carried away with back filling the lettering with white nail polish and I want it gone. What is the best way to do this without ruining the finish which I believe is cerakote not sure though. Thanks in advance.
See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Federal Member
30,590 Posts

Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I have it narrowed down to nail polish remover or sand blasting. And then flip a coin to decide.

· Registered
4,586 Posts
Try dipping a wooden toothpick in the nail polish remover then trace the lettering. Change out toothpick as needed to keep a good sharp end.

· Registered
4,586 Posts
I never quite understood the desire to color in gun lettering...
It used to be pretty popular back in my day, particularly gold and silver colors. It was supposed to make the gun look "classy." It made it look like you'd rubbed glitter into the rollmarks is all really.

You'll see white in a lot of my newer pictures. It makes the rollmarks really jump out, but it's just wax I've been too lazy to dig out at the time.

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a lot better luck with the acetone nail polish remover, I got almost all of it out with the help of a plastic pick. All I have left is to finish the serial numbers which is being a pain, but with diligence it will happen. Thanks for the help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.