close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How do you get rid of squirrels?

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Ramjet38, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 SONS OF LIBERTY

Just moved from the country into town. My wife started to feed the squirrels and buying feeders and such along with bird feeders.
    To make a long story short the damn rodents have taken over and destroy everything from the birdfeeders to flower pots. Now it is kind of like the email story that went around awhile back about the woman writing letters back home when she moved to N. Dakota or somewhere and was commenting about the beautifull scenary and the deer untill winter moved in and she was a cussin everything including wanting to kill the deer.
    Well my wife is beginning to do the same thing on the squirrels.
    She asked me this morning if I would kill them, (poison or shoot).
    I had to laugh to myself and told her I would wind up in jail if the neighbors seen me do anything to them. Don't have a BB gun and I don't know if that would do any good or not. Trouble is I am a a loss on what to do in the city limits and can get away with.
    I know what I would do if I was still in the country!Any Suggestions? ;g

2. okie

okie GT Mayor

Give woof a call. See if he hires out for squirrel control;f

3. Ragnar

Ragnar

Rat poison in the squirrel feeder.

4. Hank Hill

Hank Hill

There is a product named "First bite" that you can buy at feed stores. It kills rats and mice and should work with squirrels as well. It looks like a granola bar and all you have to do is break it into chunks and spread it around.

Make sure that you keep it away from dogs, though, as it will either make them very sick or kill them.

5. SwampDruid

SwampDruid Demon Doctor

Learn to live with them. They're like gray hairs. If you eliminate one, ten will come to the wake.

And when they get really plentiful, the hawks will..........well it's not pretty, but it's nature.

6. N4CDLAW

N4CDLAW MI Refugee

A BB/pellet gun loaded with field (pointed) pellets would be ideal, if you've got the time to spend picking off squirels until they're gone.

And since this is the Lighter Side, let me add that a nice Guille suit and a cheap 4x scope would put the fear of God into those pesky rodents. ;f

7. kentley

kentley

Get yourself a "Humane, Live trap", put some peanut Butter on a piece of toast, and put it inside the "trap". Then after you catch one of the little ........ get a 2ft piece of ¾" PVC and 5 foot of 12 gague wire and... Then again, try the suit and the BB gun.

8. Guest

9. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 SONS OF LIBERTY

I found some gopher bait that might work, I just don't want to kill the birds so I'll have to scheme a plan that will work. The granola bar thing seems interesting enough.
    I also so thought if someone had Old Rover stuffed and I could borrow him for awhile...Thanks;)

10. Guest

Got a .22LR? Try Aguila's Colibri or Super Colibri rounds.
    www.aguilaammo.com

Or get a .458 Win. Magnum...that'd do the trick...