close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how do you clean your scoped guns ?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by harleyfx69, Jan 18, 2010.

1. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

just wondering .. i dont think i do it the same every time .. and always find it a major pain in the butt to do it without getting oil / cleaners on the optics ..

also for the most part taking them off and putting them back on isnt really an option .. when they say permament .. they mean it

2. ElevatedThreat

ElevatedThreat NRA Member

I have most of my rifle optics in Warne Quick-Detach lever rings, mounted on Picatinny bases. I can pop the scopes on and off at will, without losing zero. Very handy when you fly with guns.

That said, if you clean your rifles from the breech, using a bore guide, with the rifles in a gun vice with the optics up, it is very easy not to get things on the lenses.

I also use Butler Creek flip-up caps on my scopes, so if you leave them closed while you clean, that solves the problem....

-ET

3. PISTOLHUNTER

PISTOLHUNTER

:agree:

4. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

Never had a problem with this--I use cleaners in a controlled manner as to not get them on lenses. I put oil/bore cleaners directly on patches and spray oil on rag for wipedowns. I think you will find it easy to avoid a problem with this. If this was causing me a problem, I would simply cover scope with a clean dry rag during cleaning.

5. eisman

eisman ARGH! CLM

QD mounts. For multiple reasons.

6. eighttyniner1

eighttyniner1

You can buy Butler Creek Bikini scope covers. I use these to cover my scopes when cleaning or storage. They are relative inexpesive and do the job.