close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How do you clean gear bags,

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by harleyfx69, Mar 4, 2010.

1. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

im curious whats the best way to clean gear bags,

i use different bags from camelbak, various hunting bags, various bags from lapolicegear like the bailout bag, and 3 day packs,

after a while they get kind of dirty ..

whats the best way to keep them clean and looking new, im not in the habit of constantly replacing gear because it got faded / worn from washing,

2. zackwatt

zackwatt That's a Bingo! Lifetime Member

3. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

like gentle cycle with cold water ?

or something different ?

i do have some non scented hunting soap i could use, but if just a basic run through the washer would work i would prefer that

4. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

No, he wants to clean his gear bag, not his bug out vehicle. No one cares if it is clean or not.

5. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

no, my bugout vehicle has a nice layer of aluminum foil wrappers laying all in it to shield me from the people that spy on me .. and protect my bug out vehicle in case of emp or when the chinese come to nuke us and take all the twinkies and only leaf the crappy hostess products out on the roads

6. farley45

farley45

Depending on how dirty it is you could do a number of things.

But, generally what I'll do when my gear bags get dirty is take a warm, wet wash cloth and just wipe them down. Get all the crap off of them without getting them completely soaked with water.

If you feel like it is really dirty, when you're done with the wash cloth and everything looks good, just take a lysol wipe (or paper towel with lysol on it) and wipe it down with that.

7. RichJ

RichJ

Do not put a good bag in the washing machine. If a good wiping down with a damp/wet rag doesn't get the dust and dirt off, put it in the bathtub with a little warm water and detergent.

Get it good and wet in the detergent water and use a semi-stiff hand brush on it all over. I use the kind of brush you would do the dishes with. The detergent will foam up just enough but wont be overkill. After you brush it don't rinse it off yet. Hang it up from the shower head and let it soak a while. Come back and rinse it in cold water while using the brush to get out all the detergent. Rinse it real good and hang it upside down and let it drip dry.

This is the technique I use for my backpacks and it works great. Your gear will last a lot longer if it is free of dirt and dust so keep it clean.

8. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

thanks richj , that is the kind of advise i was looking for,

9. SHG21

SHG21

I just wash it off with mild soap and a water. If its a waterproof bag and its older Ill hit with some Mcnett.