Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in seeing how you carry your 20 or 21.

I am currently using a Milt Sparks Criterion with increased forward cant and two spare mags behind the hip in Milt Sparks IPS. I occasionally carry it AIWB with one spare mag in a JM Custom Kydex mag holder or Milt Sparks IPS. I use a Kore Essentials belt (8# belt, X7 buckle) and a shirt that is one size larger that doesn't taper at the waist.

How do you do it?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I own, at least a half dozen holsters for my G21(s). Some of them cost into the hundreds of dollars! Here's how I carry most of the time now, though:

I wear it AOTB, and it's a very fast holster! Nobody's ever tried to twist this holster off my belt; and I've been using it for more than 12 years; so, please, no jokes about the SERPA holster, and all of the 'Barney Fife blunders' that amateurs do wrong with them. I am not an amateur, and I am fine with it.

Here's one of the two other holsters that I most often use. It's a Blade-Tech, Custom Kydex in Carbon Fiber pattern. (Yes, it is a left-hander; but I am, also, ambidextrous, so . . . :

The magazine carrier is a custom Kydex model from Blade-Tech, and the quick release clasp is a Tek-Lok. I used to carry two 13 round magazines; but, for the past several years, I've been using a 17 round (downloaded by 1 round as with all of my magazines) Arredondo with a 17 round Wolff magazine spring in it.

·
Registered
G20 Gen 4
63 Posts
I'm packing my G20 in a Gunfighters Inc Ronin OWB holster. (Ronin: a Japanese samurai with no master... they probably roamed around doing janitorial work in exchange for a place to sleep). This holster is expensive for kydex, but it's fast, it's very comfortable, easy to wear all day, it holds the gun pretty close to the body, and I do not regret having bought it. BUT it's also the only holster I've tried with my G20 and I haven't decided what to use for carrying an extra magazine or two so I'm paying attention to other peoples' responses on this matter as well.

Edit, I forgot to mention the belt. I tend to stick all my holsters on some 1 3/4" KORE Garrison belts with the 1/4" adjustments and a 1 1/2" KORE belt. I've also got some 1 1/2" leather gunbelts from Mernickle. The Ronin holster fits on all of them and is comfortable on all of them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Earlier this year I went on a 10 day road trip. I knew I would wind up spending a few days camping in the backcountry, but also sight seeing in cities and towns. I only wanted to bring one gun on the trip so, since wilderness backpacking was on the agenda, I took my Glock 20.

Since its a dedicated trail gun I only have a chest holster for it and this wouldn't do for carrying around town. I got online and ordered a "We The People" IWB holster because it was available and cheap.

When the holster showed up, I started carry the G20 around the house and to work to get used to it. It was tolerable enough so I went on my road trip with the G20 and a spare mag in my back pocket. It worked out just fine. I switched out to a chest holster for backpacking, but the rest of the time I carried in the IWB holster with a spare mag in my back pocket. As far as I know no one noticed I was carrying.

Carrying the Glock 20 that way was OK, but when I got home I was happy to switch to a lighter, smaller edc carry gun. If I was going to carry a G20 or G21 every day I would want the increased comfort of a Milt Sparks IWB holster.

·
Registered
G20 Gen 4
63 Posts
This is my Gunfighters Inc Ronin on a Kore 1.75" Garrison Belt. It will fit a 1.5" or a 1.75" belt and the maker recommends using it on a 1.5". I don't live in town and there's a wild hog infestation in this county so my Glock 20 is my peewee handgun but it's become my favorite and it will have to do if necessary to defend from criminals, zombies, radioactive mutants, etc..

·
Venor ergo sum
Let’s go Brandon!
5,022 Posts
Yep, Serpa for me too with my G20, along with the Glock mag pouch. My G20 is my woods (desert most of the time) carry gun and I like the retention of the Serpa. I carried an H&K P2000 in one on duty for >10 years and never had an issue.
I own, at least a half dozen holsters for my G21(s). Some of them cost into the hundreds of dollars! Here's how I carry most of the time now, though:

I wear it AOTB, and it's a very fast holster! Nobody's ever tried to twist this holster off my belt; and I've been using it for more than 12 years; so, please, no jokes about the SERPA holster, and all of the 'Barney Fife blunders' that amateurs do wrong with them. I am not an amateur, and I am fine with it.

Here's one of the two other holsters that I most often use. It's a Blade-Tech, Custom Kydex in Carbon Fiber pattern. (Yes, it is a left-hander; but I am, also, ambidextrous, so . . . :

The magazine carrier is a custom Kydex model from Blade-Tech, and the quick release clasp is a Tek-Lok. I used to carry two 13 round magazines; but, for the past several years, I've been using a 17 round (downloaded by 1 round as with all of my magazines) Arredondo with a 17 round Wolff magazine spring in it.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Haven’t carried mine in a long while but I have a RDR iwb single clip I used to carry it in.

I have a few things for spare mag but the two I used most were the basic Glock mag carrier and my pocket with a neomag or just loose.

Honestly, I always found the spare mag harder to conceal than the G21.

In the woods I use a SERPA I bought long ago, but mostly my G21 sits in my bedside safe.

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
10,398 Posts
The Glock 20 gets carried in Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB hybrid holster. (So does the 29, which is my EDC). The 20 typically gets carried in the winter or the woods.
A spare mag rides in a custom made pouch by Mernickle.

·
Enigma
2,783 Posts
AIWB in Kydex clip-on holster (Fist), mag pouch is the plastic Glock one.

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
I’m a fan of the Glock factory mag pouch. It’s cheap, simple, and low profile. It seems to work better than it should and I’ve used one for many years with no sign it won’t last another fifteen.

The G21 was never my first choice for concealed carry when concealment was priority. In the very short jacket weather season in my area I just carried it OWB in a leather thumbsnap holster.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
I’m a fan of the Glock factory mag pouch. It’s cheap, simple, and low profile. It seems to work better than it should and I’ve used one for many years with no sign it won’t last another fifteen.

The G21 was never my first choice for concealed carry when concealment was priority. In the very short jacket weather season in my area I just carried it OWB in a leather thumbsnap holster.
The Glock mag pouch is the most effective pouch I’ve tried for the difficult to conceal G21 mag. I have a double pouch from RDR holsters that holds real tight to the body and conceals very well but I never found a way to make it even reasonably comfortable despite quite a bit of trying, after a few hours I’m always very eager to get it off, where the Glock one could wear all day no problem.

I do like KyTex carriers for everything else and I imagine they’d work fine for that too, but I discovered those after I stopped carrying the G21.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts