Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I carry a g29 in a custom built holster but it's heavy and tends to pull down my pants.
Glove Wood Wood stain Flooring Floor

I found that when I use suspenders attached to my sturdy gun belt and the suspenders go over my undershirt (tee shirt) the load is moved to my shoulders and everything stays put. I then put on a shirt with the shirts tails not tucked but covering the the weapon. That hides the weapon and the suspenders. I wear the weapon at about 5 o'clock, behind my hip. I don't think anyone has ever noticed the weapon.

If anyone ever asks me what that lump is under my shirt, I'll tell them that is my "colostomy bag." That should end the conversation.

I have a small butt that does not hold up the belt very well. Those blessed with a more ample posterior may not need to do this.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Glock 48 in the appendix position, using either my Phlster Pro holster, or my Black Arch holster attached to the Phlster Enigma "chassis system". Strangely enough the Black Arch is more comfortable attached to the Enigma than Phlsters own holster, and the Phlster Pro is more modular than the Black Arch, so it is adjusted to my preference for appendix.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Shoulder rig, pocket, OWB, paddle - infrequently IWB, appendix, cross-draw, side bag, and ankle. It all depends on clothing, caliber, and weather, etc. I have also had occassion to hold the NAA MiniMag right in my fist. I have a great variety of holsters and have used them all at one time or another.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I carry a G26.3 at about 9 O’clock (lefty) in a Comp-Tac Paddle or occasionally in a Tucker Gunleather DC3 Belt Holster with an Armour Belt.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I carry a Colt Special Combat Government OWB in a paddle holster at 3:00. If I sinch the belt tight, it rides there all day without an issue.

·
Venor ergo sum
Don’t Kalifornia our Arizona!
4,835 Posts
G27 in a Bravo OWB or IWB holster. It only pulls my pants down a little.😉

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Shadow Systems MR918 in a Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard or a Sparks SSII IWB holster at the 3:30-4:00 position. Spare mag in an off-side single mag carrier (Kramer or Comp Tac). Belt varies, I have a Crossbreed, a Blade Tech, and a Galco.

Reactions: Glock232

·
M62/76
12,882 Posts
Recently switched back to my G19- often in a Foxx IWB...

·
Registered
690 Posts
I carry a g29 in a custom built holster but it's heavy and tends to pull down my pants.
View attachment 977855
I found that when I use suspenders attached to my sturdy gun belt and the suspenders go over my undershirt (tee shirt) the load is moved to my shoulders and everything stays put. I then put on a shirt with the shirts tails not tucked but covering the the weapon. That hides the weapon and the suspenders. I wear the weapon at about 5 o'clock, behind my hip. I don't think anyone has ever noticed the weapon.

If anyone ever asks me what that lump is under my shirt, I'll tell them that is my "colostomy bag." That should end the conversation.

I have a small butt that does not hold up the belt very well. Those blessed with a more ample posterior may not need to do this.
When I carry heavier pistols (P229, 4” S&W 19-4) I use basically the same set up. I use Perry suspenders which support the belt, and carry at 3:00/3:30 with some kind of looser shirt over my undershirt.

Otherwise, I usually carry IWB with a Vedder holster, also around 3:00 o’clock

I don’t do the unbuttoned cover garment style, like Hickok45, because I feel like it broadcasts that I’m carrying a weapon, but maybe I’m being too concerned.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Davethehiker Saying that lump at 5:00 is your colostomy bag stops the conversation because the majority of adults would know one of the three locations for an ostomy bag is somewhere on your belly not on your kidney area !! . So those folks know its your carry rig at that point . Swap it for a standard flush mag for carry and use your extended mag as a back up mag and practice mag changes more often . this way your pistol will print less and be lighter ?? . You might also save your BBQ holster for those occasions when open carry is easier and wear in a better location . Try some adjustable hybrid holster too .

I carry a 45acp lw commander , if 29oz empty can really be concidered lite but I wear my holster at 3:00 using Comp-Tac hybrid , 18 years with comp-tacs old Neutral rig or a newer MTAC rig my wife bough as she thought my old one looked bad and I use a still heavy duty 1.5" double thick jaypee belt no longer made like my old neutral rig . Suspenders - Unless I carry an all steel 5" 1911 or I back to building homes again suspenders don't get used often but nice to have a set handy .I still have a bit of a spare tire - 5-9 and 205 and 65 now but know issues with a 4lb total carry weight around my waist with holster handgun extra mags knife and light . My little 5-2 wife carrys a 27oz empty kimber ultra as her edc in a Ventcore Mini at 3:00 too . Thats close to the weight of your glock .

I also have an m&p 4.25 full size 40 as general size and weight is close to the commander . I conceal ether under untucked polo style shirt that fits well or button down square bottom shirt always buttoned down that fits well and sometimes when out with my wife a nice looking linen cuban style shirt for nights out and I draw one handed as the other hand my be needed to sweep family back or aid with keeping BG off me till I do whats needed and no one has noticed I have carried this in 33 years including guys I have worked with and known since we were 6 years old till oneday about 10 years ago he asked what I thought about or had an opinion about CC and I raised my shirt .

Even T shirts like carhartt force delmont T's are cut fuller around the waist so you can buy one that fits your shoulder and upper body well yet still conceal a larger handgun with it IT you carry in the right holster is a better position . Also my arms help with concealment some and keeping some one from "bumping into my CC or noticing it in general like YOU if you bend over . Yjem there the guy that carrys a handgun at 5:00 in a owb that says its a colostomy bag ??

Learn a new way to carry your gluck in a new holster maybe like in some brand of Hybrid . Inside your belt helps to keep the grip in pinned tight to your body . You might even learn you can tuck a shirt in for special occasions . I use to when younger .

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don’t want to offend anyone here but I bet that the main reason that guys are having trouble concealing a handgun is because they are overweight. If you are fat, there is no way that you will effectively conceal a gun anywhere on you waist….so first of all LOSE WEIGHT.
There is more to self preservation than carrying a gun.

I carry a G19 in an appendix Tenicor Velo holster and I guarantee you that you cannot notice it even if you look for it. I’m 6’ and 181lbs

Take care of yourselves guys!!!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
8:00 IWB (Lefty 4:00)

90% Vedder LightTuck.
10% RCS VanGuard2 with Ulticlip.

90% of the time with an untucked buttoned shirt, untucked t-shirt, fleece, or under a jacket.
Otherwise tucked under a buttoned shirt or polo.

P365 or P365L.

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Rectangle Gun accessory

·
Registered
18,547 Posts
Condition 1.

Oops, wrong thread. Depends on my attire and my location for the day. Gym, maxpedition bag. Work, kydex AIWB. Home, usually in holster in chair next to me. Long trips, in holster in cup holder.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Always a 380 in one of my pockets. If I go to a high crime Minority area then it's a Glock 23 added.

Reactions: Glock232 and DANGW
1 - 20 of 74 Posts