How do you carry the 26?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Vito, Jun 26, 2020.

1. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

I almost always pocket carry in a DeSantis Super Fly. Occasionally a Crossbreed Supertuck and occasionally a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig.

2. Lola1

Lola1

I don’t have a 26, but have carried, and still do on occasion, a 33 and a 27. I very recently had a pancake style canted OWB holster made with the 33 in mind ( of course it fits the 27 and you can see it in 2 pics on the hill country leather FB page) but earlier i carried the 33 for a couple of years OWB in an off the grid concepts kydex. Its true that if your shoulders are wider than your waist, a untucked shirt will drape down and hide the gun. Even for professional dress i have taken over the years to untucked silk shirts, dark colors or patterns, square hems, long or short sleeve and a 1.25” Gun belt. Sometimes an untucked black t shirt or fishing shirt or when the weather changes a sweater or fleece. The new pancake From hill and the off the grid kydex ( great customer service, i have experienced) ride high and tight. They are discreet and very comfortable, but for the last couple of years i have been more often carrying a 43 and very recently a 43x in the same rigs as the 33 but made for a 43. Your experience may differ than mine. I would not be comfortable with the weight and bulk of a 26 in a pocket although i have a BORII pocket holster. I can’t recall using it but i do with a 42.

3. ThisAlarm7

ThisAlarm7

In a Galco Summer Comfort IWB, works really well.

4. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Fist IWB ultra thin kydex or Fobus paddle (actually works perfectly with G26).

fxstchewy likes this.
  5. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

DFC959F8-1F1B-45DF-A533-0D2FD2BB1AB3.jpeg

Triple K belt slide w/ thumb break mostly these days @ 3 o’clock. With shirttails out, or this time of year I wear a fleece vest it’s invisible.

If I have to be dressier, AIWB with that Galco Ultra Deep Cover. The shirt tail blouses over it and tucks in, making it undetectable.

ETA - I like that belt slide so much I have ones for my P220 and Hi-Power too.

6. MeatGrinder

MeatGrinder

I sold the G26 a few years ago. The G17 fits so I use it.

Swipter likes this.
  7. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

I carry my 26 in a safariland SERPA pancake holster. The same holster can be changed to a belt mount with 3 screws. The pancake is nice because you can mount and dismount the rug quickly and without taking your belt off.
    I wear my t-shirts a little big so they are not tight over the gun/holster. This rigs cants out a little so if you have a little extra side meat (I do) it doesn’t dig in.
    428D0F9B-82F2-4802-BD84-75AAD712BF13.jpeg

I used to carry my Ruger SP101 in a SOB (small of the back) holster, by Desantis, I think.
    You can conceal quite large guns with this holster with an untucked shirt because the bulk of the gun is in the “cavity” caused by the shirt hanging over the shoulder blades.
    But. You have to be cautious bending over and it’s not comfortable with some car seats.
    938E79B0-E563-4663-95AF-462ADBF0508C.jpeg

Don Hume makes a holster called the JIT holster. It’s thin leather and relatively inexpensive. It’s pretty low profile but it cants the gun inward and you can feel it pressing on your side.

If the gun is uncomfortable you can either recite “CC guns are supposed to be comforting, not comfortable” or you can offer up your suffering to the holy souls in purgatory or you can get a smaller gun.
    I usually carry my NAA mini-revolver in a Sticky Holster in my pocket and forget it’s there.

Whatever you get, get quality because a cheap holster will make you miserable.

8. Sam___

Sam___

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

9. josey

josey

I carry my XDM 3.8 Compact on a Craft Holsters small of the back , just like the one from the second pic on(mine is black) the previous post 67 . It is great but you need to be careful when you bend over . Also , seating on the car is problematic , so I inserted the plastic OWB holster (the one that came with the XDM factory package box ) on a lower cavity of the car door and it works great : Just take the gun out when getting seated and holster it into the door holster (which, BTW, give me easy access to the gun in case I need it while driving or seating in the car) and when exiting the car, just pull the gun and holster it on my OWB small of the back holster... perfect solution to the problem .
    I usually carry that gun most of the time , but I also rotate other pistols , so
    thinking even more ahead, I searched into my holster`s drawer and I found a cheap IWB small holster that I can use for the same purpose and it fits my other two carry guns , my HK45C and my G-30SF . I just insert the clip on the door `s cavity and that is it : ready holstering base for driving time , lol...
    Here are a couple of pics of the XDM 3.8 Compact inserted on the driver`s door :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  10. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Use to carry a 26 in my right front pocket, but now a days I carry a 29 in my right front pocket.

11. Pn3455

Pn3455

Sorry just saw this. It is a Trex arms Sidecar holster.

cbetts1 likes this.
  12. highenuff89

highenuff89

E8147BD9-54BB-4ADD-A550-17C983F00DDB.jpeg 75D85876-F9F5-42B2-9424-4D10778231C9.jpeg EDC carry is a 26 with a crossbread IWB. Love love it. 5+ years barely notice its there. General set up at 8 O’clock.
    6’0, 190 not even a problem with tighter tshirts. Good Luck!

El Pistolero likes this.
  13. NewFanboy

NewFanboy

Looks like no one answered you yet. It looks like a Tier 1 Concealed holster.

I got my first Glock (19.5) a few weeks ago and then my first holster for it is a Tier 1 Concealed holster. I absolutely love the thing, it’s a bit pricey but well worth it!

I paired it with a Nexbelt Supreme Appendix belt, the one on the Warrior Poet Society website to be specific. It’s a great concealed carry combo.

cbetts1 likes this.
  14. tomrkba

tomrkba

I carry my G26 in one of many ways:

1. JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5 with wing. I now use the Discrete Carry Concepts Monoblock to attach it to my belt.
    2. Milt Sparks Criterion
    3. Dillon Plan B for off-body carry
    4. Smart Carry
    5. Raven Concealment Eidolon
    6. Sticky Holster in the pocket with a rag poofed around it to break up the outline.

All these methods work great.

15. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    In a Bravo Concealment Torsion or BCA, or in the Glock Sport/Combat holster or a Mitch Rosen Express depending upon what I am doing and wearing. Normally that G26 is a G27.3 though, but I do have and carry a G26.5 too.