How do you carry the 26?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Vito, Jun 26, 2020.

1. TNT

TNT

In a Little Fox holster at 3:00 with a forward cant.

2. E.Bar

E.Bar

I carry mine in a PJ Custom IWB @ about 3:30. Comfortable for me and well concealed under a untucked shirt. And yeah, I'm fat, 5' 8" 225, was as much as 260.

3. stevebla

stevebla

4. Orive 8

Orive 8

Since switching to the Glock 26 in 2006, my wife has EDCed it in a FIST ultra-thin kydex IWB holster at the 3:30-4:00 position. Here holsters have the split leather loops and are for a 1 1/4" belt.

On occasions I carry my 26 - either OWB or IWB at the 3:30 - 4:00 position. Several different IWB holsters - but my main OWB holster is a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard.

5. Vito

Vito

I like the idea of a holster that can be used for more than one firearm. When I open my box of holsters I feel guilty of how much money I have spent over the years searching for just the right holster. I have literally dozens of holster that are perfect for some firearms, but then I added a laser sight to those guns and instantly needed different holsters. I think I might try that Phalanx holster although I generally don't care for holsters open at the bottom as much as that one is, but it appears I could use it for a number of guns, both with or without lasers. Interesting idea for only $35.

FLGuy likes this.
  6. uzimon

uzimon Daca is caca

7. oldmick

oldmick

I carry my G26 OWB in a Comp-Tac Paddle with a 15 degree cant. I’m a lefty and carry at about 9 O’Clock.

I’ve said this before, but it bears repeating; people pay very little attention to those around them. Even if there is a “lump” or sharp edge showing on your cover garment, no one will notice, or care. People carry all kinds of stuff on their belt - phone holder, medical equipment, multi tool etc.

Now, if you’re wearing a Glock hat and a Punisher t-shirt and a folder clipped to your offhand front pocket that is visible, you may be sending the message you possibly are carrying.

Dress like the “gray man”, wear a square bottom shirt, t-shirt that is one size larger than your normal size, sweatshirt, fleece, etc. and go forth and be happy.

8. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

I carry my G 26 in a Milt Sparks Criterion holster at 3 O'clock. IWB carry for me necessitates a GOOD, dedicated gunbelt, two inches larger than normal. Additionally, I wear my pants one size larger as well. In shirts I am an XL. However I only purchase XXL to give me better concealment. I'm a 38 waist, so my gunbelt and jeans are 40 inch waist. I also wear an undershirt to keep a separation between my skin and the pistol.

One more thing, as you can see in this thread, many suggest kydex holsters. To me, kydex is rigid and unyielding. It digs into your soft areas, causing discomfort. A quality leather holster (Criterion) is MUCH more comfortable to wear all day long.

If you are willing to dress around the gun IWB will become comfortable and nearly invisible.

9. CyberPunk1981

CyberPunk1981

I usually pocket carry in an Alabama Holster Pocket holster with a Glock 17 magazine in the other pocket. Lately though I have been carrying on a JM Kydex Road Dog belt holster with a double magazine pouch on the other side loaded with two Glock 17 mags with X-Grip sleeves.

10. FAS1

FAS1

In a CBST at 4 o'clock usually.

[​IMG]

11. G40Gen4

G40Gen4

Ju
    Would just like to chime in on DARA holsters. They make really excellent well-built products. Use them for tactical leg-drop holster for my G40Gen4.