close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How do they do it?!?!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mdfd, Mar 17, 2010.

1. mdfd

mdfd

Very often I see in forum sales listings from individual (non FFL) sellers charging only $20 for shipping a handgun. I am in the process of selling a handgun and there is no way I can ship for just $20, what am I missing?:dunno:

2. hatidua

hatidua

rifles can go via ground from an individual. If they are not an FFL and shipping a handgun for only $20, they are either A) eating the cost themselves, or B) shipping it via ground (which is a no-no).

3. ronin.45

ronin.45

Just because they are an individual selling it doesn't mean they won't ship it through an FFL. My buddy only charges $10 to ship my guns for me and it only costs him like $10-12 to ship it. In total it's around $20.

4. oldnoob

oldnoob

Maybe they decide to take the risk and not ship overnight. Overnight firearm is UPS and FedEx's store policy, not federal law. So a seller can ship 3 day ground to the FFL, to cut cost.

5. BadAndy

BadAndy

That's one way and seems to be quite common.

My local UPS hub has shipped handguns for me via 2nd day air instead of next day air, which is around $25. I've only had one problem shipping myself instead of through an FFL but that was because the FFL I was shipping to said they accepted transfers from individuals but when they got the gun, they "all of a sudden" decided not to accept it. It was a big hassle for the buyer.