close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how do I ...

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by d-Gman, Jan 14, 2005.

1. d-Gman

d-Gman

I dont get how I can post-up an image with my message.... How?

cuz when I press the IMG button some weird **** pops up and I dont know WTF to type in there....

help...

2. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

the IMG button is used for images already hosted on a website. Take, for example, that logo at the top of your screen for Glock Talk... get the URL of the image by right clicking it and going to properties (or for those of us that don't use Winblows Internet Exploder and like Firefox, just right click and choose "Copy Image Location"). In the properties window, it shows the URL of the image. Copy and Paste that url into the box that pops up when you click the IMG button.

ie:
    [​IMG]

OR

If you look below box where you type your reply, you will see 'Attach file:' where you can post an image from your hard drive.

You CANNOT use the IMG button with a image on your hard drive. ie: [img ]c:\documents\mypic.jpg[/img] It won't work.

Click here for more info on vB Code.

3. d-Gman

d-Gman

Thanks, I feel pretty stupid I didnt see the Attach file down below...

thanks.

4. papajoe

papajoe

I have asked this question before but still no answer. In tha Author section, after my name, it says "junior member". What does that mean? It can't mean that I'm a youngster because I'm 67 years old. If that is what it means, how do I change it to read something else ? It just looks strange to me to see it posted there. I have asked this question 3 different times now. Will someone please give me an answer. Thanx !

5. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

It means you have less than 100 posts. I THINK you have to wait until after you get 100 posts before you can change it.

Once you get the posts down, go to your "User CP" near the top of every page. Then click the "Edit Profile" tab. Scroll down about 2/3 of the way down the page. There you will find a block that says "Custom User Text". That is where you can change it to something else.

6. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

OXCOPS is correct papajoe. I think after ten posts it changes to just "member". You're pretty close now.

Eddie C.

7. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

You only have to wait 10 posts before you can change your user title and the avatar to something custom.

8. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

Junior Member (Minimum Posts: 0)
    Member (Minimum Posts: 15)
    Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 100)

Copied this from our software panel. :)