close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How do I start an anti-PC revolution?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by vart, Feb 10, 2010.

1. vart

vart

It is getting out of hand!

It is getting to the point that any communication with co-workers is impossible due to the chance that someone will get offended.

In our team meeting, it was affirmed that if someone is going through a rough time or illness, we are not allowed to say "I'll pray for you", even if that person shares your faith since someone could overhear you and be offended.

Another person on my team sent someone a joking email and called them a fruitcake. This was immediately perceived as a homophobic comment and gasps were heard all around the office. Doesn't matter that fruitcake means an eccentric or crazy person. Reality has no bearing upon political correctness.

It is getting to the point of absolute insanity in this country!

What will it take to end the madness?? Will someone have to take a case all the way to the Supereme Court that rules that not being offended by words is not a constitutional right??

Seriously, someone has to make a stand! 99% of people I talk to agree that PC is destroying our country and makes no sense, but nobody will do anything abut it.

2. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010

3. irish_ironsight

irish_ironsight

Frankly I fond your post offensive, I will figure out the specific reason later and file the appropriate "Hurt Feeling's Report" with Mayor Oakie's Office.

4. edcrosbys

edcrosbys

Choose your jobs and friends carefully. I'm not blatantly UN-PC, however I will not walk on eggshells.

5. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Just bring up how much larger your $8000 bonus is than your peon coworkers.

They'll quickly forget all about fruitcake.

6. havensal

havensal Getting older every day! CLM

I am quite fond of his post also. :tongueout:

7. durf

durf

What good is a right to free speech if you can't say stuff that offends people?

8. durf

durf

Oh, and I totally thought this was going to be an Apple thread :rofl:

9. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Buy a Mac.

10. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thats what I always thought!!

11. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

First, stopped referring to this phenomenon as "being PC" (i.e., politically correct). Call a spade a spade, which in this case is it actually known as 'cultural Marxism.'

Once we start calling it by its real title, cultural Marxism, and not some leftist's misnomer type moniker, then people will begin to realize how to study its origins. After understanding where this asinine worldview originated, people will get wise quick as to how it was used to bring down this great nation's wisdom and common sense.

12. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

Companies should just take a stand and say we don't play the PC game here. You don't like it, you're welcome to look for employment elsewhere.

13. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

That word in your posting offends me, posting flagged and reported to GT Management.

:supergrin:

PS- Skeptical Cat does not offend me, I dig him.

14. aplcr0331

aplcr0331

I can't stand going to someone elses house and having them tell me not to piss all over the towel rack. I mean, I do it at my house, what's wrong with doing it elsewhere?

I feel for you buddy. Its tough playin by other people's rules. Especially if you really don't know the rules and they get to make them up as they go along.

You need to get job with people who think, talk, and act like you do. That's all there is to it. Go someplace else.

Here's a quote from Henry Rollins and I'll change it a bit to reflect your job:

“Life is full of choices, if you have the guts to go for it. That's why I get immediately bored with anyone's complaining about how boring their life is, or how bad their job is. ****ing leave and go somewhere else. Or don't.”

15. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

Seems that your PC coworkers have created a hostile work environment to promote their political and social agenda at the expense of comradery and productivity. You could write a complaint to HR, be specific, name names and threaten to sue. :supergrin:

16. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I say what is on my mind. Anyone says anything I remind them I have a right to freedom of speech and expression, and their attempts to inhibit my prose is a direct violation of my rights. There is nothing in the Constitution about being politically correct.

Yes I realize the 1st Amendment is about speech and expression being oppressed by government, but if you take it out a bit the government (state / local and federal) have started to pass laws and regulations that inhibit a persons speech.

Like the Open Carry crowd here in California, it's time people made a stand. Sure it's gonna hurt and yes at first there will be push back. But establish the new boundaries. It's worked for me for my entire life. From day one I have spoke my mind and established that precedence. I have the infractions here to prove that.

17. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Because when I say I'm sick and tired of everyone being so damned CM all the time nobody gets me.

18. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

It's your job, buddy, and it's far from the first time you've complained about it. If it's that horrible, look somewhere else. Don't rant on the internet about starting a revolution, go to monster.com or check the classifieds and do something about your situation.

19. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford > OD Glock 32

Say as many of the offending terms (N,R,F,G-words for example) as often and as loudly as you can. People will tire of trying to correct you soon enough.

20. vart

vart

I see that some of the responses here indicate that there is a true lack of understanding of what political correctness is and how it is destroying this country.

Sad.