Glock Talk banner

How do I remove brass marks on a Glock slide?

2764 73
I was at the range and one of the spent casings rebounded off the divider and came back and hit my Glock 19 slide, leaving what appears to be a brass mark. I was wondering if there was a way to remove this mark without damaging the finish. Additionally, there are a couple of marks on the inside of the slide near the extractor. I am using hoppes 9 and ballistol with a nylon brush and it is not coming off.

Grey Automotive lighting Road surface Gas Automotive exterior

Wood Audio equipment Tints and shades Automotive tire Flooring
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I was at the range and one of the spent casings rebounded off the divider and came back and hit my Glock 19 slide, leaving what appears to be a brass mark. I was wondering if there was a way to remove this mark without damaging the finish. Additionally, there are a couple of marks on the inside of the slide near the extractor. I am using hoppes 9 and ballistol with a nylon brush and it is not coming off.

View attachment 1134427

View attachment 1134428

A copper solvent

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Brass marking is a good thing, firearm is used not a safe Queen.
Hair Head Hand Arm Human body

Reactions: selogic

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Of the four industrially important strong acids, only two, nitric and sulfuric, are strong enough oxidizing agents to dissolve copper.

OR just leave it :)

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
I-8016, are you by chance a new shooter?

The only firearms that don't receive any brass kisses or other operating marks are the ones that are never used, so if you don't want any marks on your Glock - put it away.

Otherwise, you could be like most everyone else and just stop worrying about it and shoot the darn thing. Simplistic, but there it is.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Taking care of it is fine. Keep it lubed and clean, field strip style, after every use. Use a good CLP like Clenzoil, Weapon Shield, etc. For carbon, Hoppes #9 is a crowd favorite, along with a plastic bristle round brush for the bore.

I went through your prior postings and theyre all mostly about being concerned over your pistol. Pride of ownership is okay, but learn to not let it cross that line into obsession. I was wondering if these were prank threads, but I don't think they are. Your hands say your young, and it's easy to obsess when we're young.

When I was young and given advise about my time spent and energies, someone advised me to seek the Lord and I laughed in his face. What a fool I was.

My solid advice is to seek the Lord with all your strength in order to know Him and let objects be just things.
These things cannot hear, walk, see, nor talk, and don't deserve that kind of attention that your Creator--Father God--wants from you.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts