How do I get blood out of carpet?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by jasonb, Apr 13, 2005.

1. jasonb

jasonb

My lab puppy is having her first heat. How do you guys clean up the mess?

THanks,
    Jason

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

3. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Yep......

Things like Oxy-clean will take up organic stains like blood......they have the powder you can mix in water, or the ready made stuff in bottles now......

Wow.....yes, go to Petsmart or Petco and get her some doggie maxi-pads to wear around........they have them in stock at those stores.......

You gonna breed her??? If not, make a trip to the vet after she goes out of heat for a spay job......it's worth it.......

4. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. jasonb

jasonb

We were told to spay her after her first heat, so that's the plan. Also, "it" started when my wife and I were at work, it was a surprise. THank you for the help.

6. echo

echo Libertarian

JUsr a heads uo, if you have wool rugs or orientals, do not use oxy clean, it will bleach the rug where it gets wet with the solution. Try using hydrogen peroxide on a white towel and dab it until it is gone.

Rach

ps just curious why where you told to wait until she was 6 months? Vets aound these parts let go of that a long time ago. They will do it now as early as 12 weeks.

7. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

my kitten was neutered at the tender age of 7 weeks!! They do not let them out of the shelters around here without being fixed........

Course his pup is purebred and probably from a breeder.........

I think some studies have been done on early spay and neutering and they found there was no ill effects to the animal. I think that some vets still want them to have one cycle for hormonal reasons I think before having the deed done........

8. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

;Q My grandmother used to sponge with cold milk - It seemed to work; but, of course, we never tested with Luminol! ;f

9. Jaegergirl

Jaegergirl Proud2BAmerican

i swear by nature's miracle (can be purchased from any pet store). while i've never had to deal with a dog in heat (i have a male), blood has gotten on the carpet from my kids. it works awesome for pet accidents as well. my dog had the runs on my light colored carpeted stairs (the stuff was like black tar) and nature's miracle not only removed the stains, it took the smell away too. heck, i even use the stuff on clothing stains!!

nature's miracle is just that... a miracle. i highly recommend it!