close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How do I buy a Glock frame only?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by epd1102, Aug 27, 2004.

1. epd1102

epd1102

I want to build a Glock with a .22 conversion. Where can I find a Glock frame only so I can add a .22 conversion and not have an extra slide lying around not being used?

2. C9X19

C9X19

3. epd1102

epd1102

I was looking on Glockmeister because that was where I found the .22 conversions. I couldn't find just frames for sale. Can you please tell me where they are listed on the web site?
    Thanks

4. Dandapani

Dandapani

5. epd1102

epd1102

Thank you. I kept doing searches and looking for frames. I didn't think of looking for or searching for receivers. I will be contacting them on Monday.

By the way, I'm going to be buying a G21 frame. We carry 21s at work and I will use it for training people who are recoil-sensitive.

6. Tupperware

Tupperware

Don't know if they're still doing it but I purchased several complete, new, second gen lowers direct form Glock for about $50 as I recall. I simply sent a complete upper and requested that they fit and test-fire a lower to it. Return shipping to my FFL was included in the price.

7. epd1102

epd1102

Tupperware, that sounds like a heck of a deal. I wonder why they would need to fit and test-fire them since everything on a Glock is considered "drop-in"?
    The deal from Glockmeister sounds like you need to send in an old frame that will be destroyed when they sell you a new one. I sent them an E-mail asking if I could just buy a frame without sending one in but they haven't responded yet.
    Depending on the answer from Glockmeister, I may contact Glock also.
    Thanks

8. Tupperware

Tupperware

Agree that it should be a drop-in. Also , I never saw any indication that they actually did test-fire it. My presumption is that Glock doesn't want to be in the business of "selling" frames but will, on a limited basis, do a favor and accomodate those of us who jump through the right hoops.

9. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

IIRC, Glock has stated they will no longer sell frames direct to customers. There were several threads about this in General Glocking in the last year or so.

Run a search in GG, see what pops up.

10. epd1102

epd1102

DJ Niner, thanks for letting me know. I'm still hoping to hear from Glockmeister that they can help me.