close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How do females you know feel about guns?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by AmmoBabe, Jul 9, 2003.

1. AmmoBabe

AmmoBabe

If you are a female on here, most likely you are not against guns, but maybe so! Tell me about your friends and family. Guys, what about your wife's views?

2. pizzaaguy

pizzaaguy

My wife, pizzaagrrl, is behind my owning and carrying 100%.

3. JeepDriver

JeepDriver

My wife isn't anti gun or pro gun. ;Q

She's anti me spending loads of money on them though. :(

She had never been around guns until she met me (She's from England) She had never seen a gun other then the one's carried by the guards in the air ports. She was kind of amazed that I owned so many firearms and that I kept one loaded next to the bed at all times.

4. MoonMan

MoonMan CLM

My wife does not like guns.

On some level, she understands why I carry. She has accepted that I carry, and encourages me to get more training-- it makes her feel better. There seems to be a subtle change in the wind... Give me three or four more years, and I think I may get her to the range!

We have a mutual friend who is female. She is aware that I carry, but has never seen it. We have an unspoken don't ask/don't tell policy among us.

5. G Man .40

G Man .40 13 .40 + 1=G23

Same here! Mrs G Woman.40 never handled or fired a handgun until I taught her. Now she wants to shoot magnum sized calibers. She won't practice though unless I'm with her. Her confidence level isn't good yet. But at least she was opened minded about it.

6. nigneil146

nigneil146

I pretty much have the same situation as GMAN. My girlfriend said she would have never even thought about shotting a gun until she met me. She started shooting about a month and a half ago with a .22, now she shoots my glock 30. She understands that I carry for our protection and eventually wants to get her CCW. She also can't wait to get a Kimber Ultra.

7. alaskaal

alaskaal

My wife is 100% supporter of the 2nd Ammendment and all it entails. She owns a Ruger Mark I auto pistol and a Glock 26 which is her carry pistol. She is a great shot. She really came full circle behind gun use in a practical sense due to an frightening experience on Memorial day this year. Everything turned out well for her and she really appreciates the security that firearms can provide.

8. xena

xena

Some of my women friends are totally anti gun but I've managed to get a few of them to the range and they had to admit they enjoyed the experience. Speaking for myself, I've always been interested in guns; as a child I found them far more interesting than dolls........Dad would take me out once in a while to plink at targets........did the M-16 range in the Army ..best part of basic. Exposure and education is everything. Hey, I'm fairly liberal but that doesn't preclude me from understanding the value of our second amendment rights!

9. RH45

RH45

My x wife desested guns, but put up with them for 25+ years.

My girlfriend seems to like guns. She went on her first bear hunt with me last year, and harvested a bear. She also owns a Kimber pro elite that I gave her for Christmas.

10. Amelia

Amelia

Neither of my sisters have guns, but they respect that i do and seem pleased by that and the fact that i do get periodic training. My mother seems supportive as well. Some of my female friends who know that i have guns think it's a bit weird and others think it's cool. My female coworkers would disapprove, i'm sure, therefore they do not know about it.

11. hk40lbuddies

hk40lbuddies

My Exwife had no problems with guns and liked going to the range.

My current GF was scared to death by them - but over time I have slowly gotten her used to them. She let me get her son a BB gun for christmas - and I even got her to go to the range and shoot -she actually enjoyed it. One step at a time

12. Sotex

Sotex

My wife's only experience with guns prior to meeting me was her brothers handing her a 12 guage loaded with magnums and having her touch one off. Yeah, great fun;Q

I started her off with lite .38s in a S&W M10, and she thouroughly enjoys shooting. She prefers my Glock 23.

13. Kilroy

Kilroy JAFMP Millennium Member

I give up four weekend days a year to run a range for the local Second Amendement Sisters. This free shoot is for new shooters. It brings out many that are curious and willing to learn more.

A very worth while project. We have about 40 per event, four times a year and give away a number of guns.

14. confused

confused

Ex wife was very pro gun. Had a CCW though rarely carried. Ended up taking a bite out of my firearm collection in the divorce :-(

I am currently single. Had a few dates with a woman last month. The first 2 dates went very very well. Brought up guns on the 3rd date. She basically said that if she knew that someone owned guns she could not even be friends with them. I was extra careful the rest of the evening to make sure that I did not print or accidently let her touch me "there." After dropping her off, I declined the invitation to come in for a drink and as you can guess, that was the last date.

Since then, I have had a couple of dates with another woman. We have a date later this week and she has asked me to surprise her. I was going to take her for a sight seeing flight, but my plane will not be ready from it annual inspection by then. So, she does not know it, but we are going to an indoor pistol range. She is definitely in for a surprise, I hope I am not in for one as well.

15. Amelia

Amelia

confused,

good luck! Let us know what happens!

;a

16. hk40lbuddies

hk40lbuddies

Having been there let me give you a couple of suggestions.

1) if she balks at the idea when you get there - don't try to force it.
    2) Please don't hand her a desert eagle 50 on her first run thru.

These assume that she isn't already into guns.

Good luck

17. Amelia

Amelia

Good advice! ;f

A nice easy 22 would be a good place to start, in fact.

;e

18. confused

confused

Thanks for the suggestions. There is no point in forcing things; either on the guns issue or on any other issue for that matter. People are who they are and if you try and force a change upon them, it is not going to work in the long term. Any change has to happen because the person wants to change.

I have taken men, women and friends' kids shooting before. I have always started them with a 38 special revolver and if things went well, moved on to something bigger. However, this is the first time I am taking someone who I have no clue where they stand on the gun issue. She asked for a surprise -- that much I will deliver.

19. TJ in PA

TJ in PA Mistaken ID

Mrs DA in PA is fine with it. I taugh her how to shoot, carry, maintenance, and safety. She is now considering gettting her CCW.

20. LewisQ

LewisQ 357SIG/10mm

Funny, my wife was the one who got me into guns. I didn't even had a gun before I met her and now I teach CCW!

I was not in the anti group but I just didn't know how much fun it was...