close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How difficult is Quickbooks to use for someone with no experience with it?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by huntery, Sep 20, 2004.

1. huntery

huntery

I'm getting some referrals for some free lance work and most places use Quickbooks.
    Just one problem, I've never used this software before and as most know there are plenty of accounting software out there. I've only used Great Plains, MAS 90 and PeopleSoft.
    Any books I can get a look at in a bookstore so at least I'll have some ideal?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

There are 2 versions( Quick Books and Quick Books Pro) I have used the basic Quick Books and it is very simple to use. The hardest part was the initial setup of your business profile. After that is wasa simple,straight forward and does a great job. Unless you plan on a super big business the basic version should do all you need. You can usually find books at places like Office Depot and many other places that carry computer software that covers all you will ever need to know. Plus the Quick Books has a very good "Help Menue" built into the program so that even a novice computer user should have very little trouble.

I used it for 10 years in my small business and highly recommend it.

3. grantglock

grantglock /dev/null

if you know great plains and peoplesoft, quickbooks is going to be a piece of cake. Quickbooks not nearly as scalable as peoplesoft though. I think quickbooks has a 5 user limit. Thats like comparing a honda moped to a $200,000 Mercedes.