close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hOW DID I DO?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SENEN_NIEVES, Aug 11, 2006.

1. SENEN_NIEVES

SENEN_NIEVES Millennium Member

My wife and just purshased a new computer to replace the old dinosaur we have in the computer room, it's a Gateway computer: AMD 64 antalon X2 dual core 4200, with a 320 gig hard drive, i gig ddr ram upgradedable to 4 gigs, mother has a 939 socket, dvd/cd burner/drive, 9 in 1 media reader, fax/ethernet card, wireless keyboard and mouse, speaker witha speaker bar, widows media center 2005, and $ 1200 worth of software, 21 inch flat panel monitor, on board video via Nvidia 6100 graphics. - main use for home school work for son, internet and gaming.:) :) :beer:

2. AZ-Boog

AZ-Boog

for school work and internet did ok.

for gaming it's going to be slow because of the integrated graphics adapter.

you probably also have a butt load of processes running on the desktop most of which you probably don't need.

3. TKM

TKM Shiny Member Lifetime Member

$1100 worth of software you'll never use. And a sticky CAP LOCK key.

The rest of it will get you to the moon and back. (with a government loan) :)

4. Bluzman

Bluzman

That's a great system. It will run about anything you want. Gateway is good stuff. Lately I've been telling my friends and family to forget upgrading their old PC's. You can get a new Dell for $299 or $399. I couldn't do much without spending that to fix their old one.
    That machine should last you several years.

5. HVAC-TEK

HVAC-TEK

Great system, you did well. I agree about the video card. Built in cards are part of the motherboard. These often use you systems memory, and some even use your computers processor for its own needs. This makes the built in cards slower and a drain on your systems resources. Don’t worry; it’s not a cancerous tumor. It’s not fatal, and you may not even notice.

But I would recommend saving up for a AGP, or PCI EXPRESS video card for later. I highly recommend Nvidia cards.

Again, Great Buy!

K