close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How Come This Product Doesnt Exist?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Wulfenite, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

An I-pod with a AM/FM tuner and TIVO like controls for recording while listening?

I'd also like to see a Media Player program that would spool web radio to the HD and allow you to move it onto an MP3 Player.

2. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

It doesn't exist because you haven't invented it yet! Go nuts and make yourself a millionaire. Just think of all the guns you could buy...

3. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim Señor Member CLM

I’ve not tried them but a quick search of the ‘net turned up a couple that claim to do what I think you’re asking.
    http://www.audiolib.com/recorder/
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software
    /audio_software/audio_tools/streambox_vcr.cfm

Try the search string "capture streaming audio" and see what turns up.

4. Toyman

Toyman

Probably because it takes a lot more processor power to encode/compress the audio than it does to decompress/unencode the audio to play it.

5. unixglocker

unixglocker

My cheap *** cell phone records audio, DSP's and ASIC's, different kind of processor power. there have been MP3 players w/ radio that will record, not popular. The Tivo like controls though, now that's something, that would be great in a car.

6. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

It needs to have more advanced programing options then the one's I've seen. You need to be able to say "record 1530Am from 9 to 12" and store it as a file. The ability to do 15 sec comercial cutting jumps as well as listen to a program that's recording at the same time (but at a different time point) is important. It would also be a great product as a car radio. I'm not really a car audiophile, I pretty much deal w/ whatever is in the car I'm driving but a TIVO for the car radio would be something I'd have installed.