close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How come moderators dont move the prayer request posts?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Soujurn, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Soujurn

Soujurn Deus Diligo USA

...to the religious forum?

I mean, any food posts get moved to the Food Forum.
    Computer posts to Tech Talk, and funny or humorous posts to the Humor Forum.
    Politics to Political Forum.
    Seems like GNG is being diced up into smaller and smaller allowed topics.
    Maybe pretty soon, we won't have to post here in GNG at all.

2. king catfish

king catfish squirrelwhacker

3. Jeeps

Jeeps Millennium Member

That would seriously affect post count.

4. TomSplasky

TomSplasky Encase Elegance

Well, because people are more likely to look in General Non-Glocking than they are the Religious Forum... (We have a relgious forum? Hehe, just kidding);f

5. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Soujurn,
    Generally prayer request aren't looking for religous advice, they are put in GNG where they will get the most people to give a kind word, prayer, or offer of encouragement.

Technical questions about computers, digital cameras, and the like are usually requested to be moved there by the Moderators of Tech Talk (DWavs & Aeolus). "Food" threads are moved as are "Glock" threads and "Political" threads to their respective forums to get the best exposure and help. I, Fred, and Patricia will keep threads in GNG if the thread starter asks specifically that they would like the most exposure for their problem. On even rarer occasions we'll let them double posts in two separate forums if the problem is serious enough that they need the biggest exposure and quickest help available, albeit this is a very rare thing.

I moved your thread to the food forum because MissKitty asked for it to go into her forum and we try not to clog up the GNG forum with threads that would be better served in another forum. Hope this explanation will suffice. Thanks, Eddie C.;f

6. freepatriot

freepatriot Retired GT Mod Moderator

I was wondering if you folks could pray for my computer's hard drive which is making a strange clicking sound every time I cook up some Creme Brulee in the same room that I'm reloading .45 Colt ammo for my Ruger SA New Model Redhawk which is my concealed carry gun that I got from this local cop who showed me how to tactically draw it from a holster while wearing automatic weapons (concealed) -- did I ever mention that I need to know how to do a trigger job on that Ruger? I was going to arrange a shooting day with the folks on this board to talk about that trigger job, but I got distracted thinking about the rules of GSSF and how they don't let 1911 pistols in .45 (like airline pilots carry... I know we have a lot of pilots here, right?) and how they make great hunting guns for those days in the brush. Or should I get a 10mm? Sorry to ramble, I was thinking about a joke I heard on the internet and was going to post it here instead of in "The Lighter Side" because GNG gets more traffic. P.S. anyone want to buy a Ruger SA? Cheap?

I dare you to pick a forum to move this post to.

:)

7. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Oh man Scott. You are on tonight!;f

8. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Hmm, how about just deleting it? ;) ;f

9. GlockBlocker

GlockBlocker Texas Aggie

HAHA...that was funny, Scott.

As for the different forums, I didn't even realize we had as many as we did (like Food, Religion, Weather, Occupations, etc.) until I scrolled down looking for the Tech forum or whatever.

Do we really need this many different topics, mods? There's no way in heck that results in more viewing because most people only have a little bit of time to read GT and going in and out of all those different forums takes even more time. No big deal really but we DO have a lot more than most discussion boards that I myself belong to.