close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How can I remove the ejector?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by linuxi, Nov 2, 2011.

1. linuxi

linuxi

Does anyone know? Please give detailed explanation. Thanks! :)

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

Remove the trigger housing from the frame, grab the ejector with a pair of pliers and pull it out of the trigger housing, then insert the new ejector. Be careful not to bend the ejector to either side because the slightest change can either adversely affect ejection or put the tip of the ejector closer to the primer of a live round being ejected which would be dangerous.
    (I wrap the teeth of the pliers in masking tape so the ejector doesn't get gouged or scratched)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

3. JBP55

JBP55

I normally use a softener between the pliers and the ejector.

4. vmann

vmann Controller

youtube it...you can watch a video....

5. G36_Me

G36_Me

just asking, why would you want to do this. If the trigger housing or ejector needs to be replaced, just replace the whole housing with ejector. The part only cost about $8, at the most.

6. linuxi

linuxi

Thank you very much! It's very detailed and helpful. :)

It's a very good idea. In that case, I will not leave any marks or alter the ejector...hopefully. :)

I did, but I could not find any. :( It could be some out there and I missed it...

This is a really good idea.

I just want to learn for the heck of it. :supergrin:

7. English

English

This is a good question which would have been mine, but because someone else has asked it I have been induced to think about it. The only good reason I can think of is because you want to experiment with the ejector configuration rather than accepting Glock's standard. At the moment Glock is having a lot of problems connected with ejectors and extractors and it would be easy enough to experiment, I think, by brazing metal onto the end of the ejector and then filing it down progressively to discover how performance varies with length, then angle of end and even left/right and up/down. The same applies to welding provided the ejector is simple stamped steel. I say this with very little knowledge of brazing or welding - just an idea. It would be time consuming unless you took a file, caliper guage and portable vice to the range, but for someone so inclined it could be interesting.

English

8. vmann

vmann Controller

i youtubed glock ejector and came up with a bunch of hits...also youtube glock detail strip....its there....

9. breacher1

breacher1

if you stuck a G19 ejector in a vice and straightened the bend out of it would you now have a G23 ejector? or are they different in length?

10. voyager4520

voyager4520

To use a LoneWolf frame you must use an "SF" or Gen4 trigger housing. Before the Gen4 trigger housings were available, you'd have to pull the .45/10mm ejector out of the SF housing and insert one for 9mm or .40.

From what I understand, the "SF" and "Gen4" trigger housing is the exact same part, only with a different ejector installed. And the Gen4 9mm trigger housing is unique because it has some areas where the plastic has been shaved down so that a protrusion of metal on the bottom of a Gen4 9mm slide won't rub against the trigger housing.

Myself, I have a Gen3 G27 and I want to try one of the new Gen4 ejectors in it.

The 9mm ejector is longer, I'm not sure by how much exactly. Plus the tip is angled differently.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  11. breacher1

breacher1

12. G36_Me

G36_Me

:goodpost:
    best answer I've read in a long time....
    "I just want to learn for the heck of it."

13. nraman

nraman

It is a lot easier if you use the tail end of the new ejector to push the tail end of the old. After it moves out a bit you can pull it the rest of the way by hand.

14. allegro

allegro

Well, I learned something here.....

15. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

If you attempt to straighten a curved 9mm ejector to convert it to a .40 ejector, you will probably break it. That metal will break before it bends.

16. multo17

multo17

Thanks! Very informative. No need to go to a gunsmith! This is another reason why I love about Glocks.:cool:

17. voyager4520

voyager4520

I never thought of that, thanks for the info! When I did it I had to use a small flat head screwdriver to give a little push to the back of the ejector before it would easily come out with the pliers, but if I have to change another one I'll use this method, thanks!

18. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

That's really good thinking and kudos for posting the suggestion. It's similar to the technique of using a straight pin punch to push out the connector through the hole in the trigger mechanism housing rather than prying it up with a screwdriver. Pushing, not pulling or prying, is the right way to start. Thanks for the good tip!