close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How can I reduce an image I want for an avatar to 100 x 100?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Mr Orange County, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Mr Orange County

Mr Orange County F#*% Mexico!

Everything I'm trying to use turns out to be "too large."

Can anyone tell a computer doofus like me how to get what I want down to size so I can use it?

2. DWavs

DWavs Moderator Moderator

Post it in Tech Talk and someone will have it resized for you.

Regards,
    David

3. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

Download and install the freeware, spy-ware free image editing program, Irfanview: www.irfanview.com
    Also get the "plug-ins" - which will complete its functionality.
    Then open your Irfanview program and open the jpg, gif or whatever image you want to resize.
    From the menu selection at the top locate the option to "resize/resample", I forget which section but the program is 150% user friendly (I think I've consulted the Help files twice in my life, and I'm no rocket scientist :)

In the resize/resample menu chose "pixels" for your increments of measure (radio button selection) and then put in the size you want to shrink the image to, say 100 x 100 as you mentioned, then resave the shrunken image (ewwwwww.....make sure it's not an image of a head) with a new name, and upload that newly-named and freshly shrunken image to GT.

See? Easy! Really...... much easier than it sounds - I just spelled it out step-by-step to be verbose :)
    m