How can I fix this problem?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by wprebeck, Nov 1, 2003.

1. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

Ok, I've got a little problem with my uncooperative deer....I've got a nice little spot set up with a ladder stand, and I hunt it about once a week right now (bow, gun is next week, and so is vacation!). I have a feeder out there, and I also have put out several mineral blocks. Getting the deer there is not the problem. They've torn up the ground, and started digging around where the mineral blocks were placed. Well, I never see the dang things, and I've been out both morning and evening at this spot. I set up a deercam, and discovered that the deer are coming thru at about 0300 to 0500, well before shooting time. How can I get these stupid things to come around during hunting hours?

On a side note, there should be one less buck next week where I hunt at....I went out last night, to another stand on the property, and had a younger one (hey, I'll take anything I can, going for meat!) walk by about 50-60 yards away. Too far for a bow, but gun opens next Saturday!:) That's the 3rd time I've seen him in the same area, hope no one else gets him first!

2. method

method

Move to where they are during legal hours.

3. Dan

Dan

You must be set up where they are travling between locations. If you have an idea which direction they are going towards after 0500, I would try setting up there.

4. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Either move your feeder and blocks, or set the timer on your feeder to go off at a different time/s, (hunting hours), or, as the wisdom above sates, 'move to another spot.'

Good Hunting Hoss!

CanyonMan

5. Michigun

Michigun live free or die

Wprebeck, I find baiting a “location & time” specific thing… i.e., you’re lacking some important info.

You don’t happen to be hunting in an agricultural area (or close to) by any chance?