close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How can I change my user name?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by G36's Rule, Dec 26, 2003.

1. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

I would like to change my user name, as it doesn't apply any more? I don't want to be sneaky and just create another account, if that is even possible.

Also, I'm not worried about keeping post counts.

Thanks.

2. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

What happened with your G36 ? I can recall how you used to adamently defend the G36 when it was brought up or compared to the G30.

Whatcha shootin' now?

3. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Well....

To put it bluntly, it turned into a POS. I loved the gun, but right off the bat it wouldn't extract properly. I replaced the extractor and all was well for over 1500 rounds, mostly hardball.

Then things started getting flakey. It would not feed Hydra-shoks, period. Didn't matter, with new mag springs, polished feedramp... It would feed SXT's sometimes, but not reliably enough for me.

I took it to an armourer at a gun show in Houston, Jack Tippet I think is his name. He told me point blank, if you want a reliable, compact 45ACP, sell the G36 and get a G30. I still haven't gotten the G30 yet, mostly because of other guns I've gotten. My next Glock will be either a G20 or G29.

4. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

Good luck with your next Glock, you deserve it!

The G20 is a neat gun. I don't shoot mine that often but it's fun when I do. I don't think I own another semiauto that has a wider variety of ammo strengths available for it. I also use it as a back up when I'm hunting in bear country.

The 10mm guns sometimes take a knock regarding ammo availability but it's really no big deal if you don't mind shopping on the internet there are many online vendors and the prices are comparable to .45 ACP. I found lots of great info about 10mm in the 10 ring club house.