How can glock get away with their bags?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 5Spot, Jan 29, 2017.

1. 5Spot

5Spot

This isn't a complaint as I got all my range bags and pistols cases from GSSF matches and I do not intend to look a gift horse in the mouth. But I am questioning the quality of the bags in comparison to the quality of firearms the are made to carry. Mine seem to have 550 cord for all the zippers because the pulls broke. The bags tend to rip at the seams. Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

2. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

Same here on both the 2 pistol and 4 pistol bags. Seams and zipper failures.

3. 5Spot

5Spot

That makes me feel better.

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  4. mtstream

mtstream

Glock makes great pistols, unfortunately, they don't seem as discerning about what they let others put the Glock name on. Glock has a branded rear sight adjustment tool - they bought their own techs the MGW tool. Ask about Glock lights the answer is "Glock makes really good pistols" :D

I only use my single pistol bags at GSSF Outdoor events, they're really convenient for that format. So I guess they haven't gotten enough use to fail as I haven't had any issues with them.

5. rds95991

rds95991 NRA Benefactor

'Glock makes great pistols'. That must be a standard response because when I asked a Glock armourer why he was using an MGW rear sight pusher instead of the Glock, he said the exact same thing.

I have a rule not to pay for anything that has a name blazing on it. I don't mean the manufacturers label which may be 2"x4" or so.s I feel that I am paying to advertise them. Bags, hats, shirts, etc.

I was given two bags, a Springfield Arms and a Wilson Combat. These are two-three gun bags. Both have been excellent. I also have an S&W range bag that was given to me for buying a Shield that the strap on pull the zipper pull for the main compartment broke. But I can't really complain because I didn't pay for it.

6. Bradley T

Bradley T

I have a GLOCK one pistol bag I purchased to carry one to the club with, but I can tell it wouldn't last long. I just use it to store one in the house. I pretty much used a Red Rock "sling pack" for a couple of years, but those have declined so far in quality that you have to take it back and get another one about once a year now. Ah, I'm just gonna spend the money and get a Midway.

72Cheyenne and gt joe like this.
  7. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

My ed brown 1911 came with a great bag. Worth every cent the gun is amazing. The bag is really nice too. Thank you ed brown .

Glockdude1 and Lt. Donn like this.
  8. Jump Boot

Jump Boot

Let me guess.Glock's range bags are made in China or Vietnam. Just guessing cause I don't really know.My range bags don't advertise and they are made well.

Unclebucksguns likes this.
  9. Torked

Torked

I feel for ya, I have a secure grip on the bag and all, and I still get "zipper" to the forehead from time to time. And I know I'm not limp wrist'ing... I let the range officer tug on one as well, and yep "zipper" to the forehead. I'm thinking I'm going to try a new RSA or Extractor.

(Teasing.... lol)

Toby196, KennyFSU and Lt. Donn like this.
  10. dudel

dudel

My Midway range bags have held up for years. Not very expensive; but a very good value.

11. VBinSD

VBinSD

My Glock 4 gun bag was bad. The outer bag fell apart in 6 months, but the inner (4 gun) carry bag was ok.
    I agree that the Midway USA bag is great for the price.
    I also wonder who registers Glock products. They could make a (another) fortune on shirts, bags, jackets etc. The things they offer haven't changed in 10 years and there's not much to choose from.
    VB

12. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Wood butcher

I know it's not a bag, but I bought a Harbor Freight aluminum tool case (looks like a breifcase)which I think costs $21 at the time. I simply cut some foam for it and have been using it for years. It's got dents all over it now, but is tough as nails and holds three our four guns w/mags. As to a bag, it too is HF and use to to store ammo, stapler, etc.

13. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

Did it come in a Cardboard box too?

:supergrin:

14. nod1957

nod1957

Bingo!! Aluminum tool case is the winner. My Les Baer came in a very nice triangle cardboard box :exercise:

72Cheyenne and 264BORESTEVE like this.
  15. MajorD

MajorD

Most all nylon type bag products are made in places like china and Vietnam these days. Some rare exceptions ( tactical tailor comes to mind). I generally use bags and cases until
    They fall apart.
    My current range bag is pretty beat,but is a promotion item provided free from a pharmaceutical company ( back when they handed out trinkets to prescribers attrade shows and such) and is roughly 20 years old. When it falls apart I have several more nylon bags of various types left over from military service which will serve the purpose, and probably still be functioning when I go to the big firing line in the sky

16. Nick B

Nick B

You're limp wristing the bag .

17. gunowner1

gunowner1

Ive used the same Stanley tool bag I got at walmart five years ago. I dont compete so it isnt used but once a month. All my pistols go into gun rugs when they go to the range anyway. I put mags in the side pockets and throw everything else in the main compartment. Its held up great.

18. Bobcatbaseball35

Bobcatbaseball35

I've had two large and two small. Both fell apart and the doo hickies on the pull strings let go. Next gander mountain trip, I'm going to look for the smallest utlitity/bug out type bag to dedicate to my 42. I want something that will stow 10 glock 42 mags, my electronic ear pro, safety glasses, my appendix holster, my pocket holster, and my smart carry. Also with an interior pocket that will hold replacement parts for the 42. I intend on being able to replace everything on the 42 except the frame, slide, and barrel. What the hell, I'll probably get a button rifled barrel to put in there at some point also. Maybe even the 9x18 mak barrel also. The small glock range bag I'm using now is on its last leg and is 9 months old.

19. LuckyG

LuckyG

Might just be the old axiom: You get what you pay for.

20. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I picked up a small 2 gun bag at a gun show about 8 years ago.
    I was competing twice a week, and it held two guns, ammo, ear muffs, mags and a few other things. I was able to look at it and find a good one. It has held up very well.
    I am just going to the range once a week, now, just to enjoy shooting. I have bought another bigger, bag, because I usually take at least four pistols. I have found that you have to look around and find quality and that usually works.