close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how can a virus hit so hard so quick?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by *ASH*, Feb 13, 2010.

1. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

short story my mom has heart problems she is 83 , she called me thursday night about 12 , to take her to hospital , everything turned out ok , released her ,. she had chills and fever AND THROWIng up bad/
    so flash forward til last night i went to bed fine , i woke up a 8 am thinking i was out of mind !!! felt really dizzy ,stomach pains , and could not keep nothing down all day , not even gatorade , all my joints hurt , head hurts, i walk down the hall and im tottally out of breathe. yesterday i was fine .

can crap like this hit that quick!!!!!!!!!!!!! i been hot/cold puking all day and alittle scared to go to bed/ we got 6 inches last night and felt good , then once i went to sleep it was on cuzzzzzzzzzzzzz i had a hot flash all over my body and had panic attack , thought this is it . cold clammy hands and 6 hours earlier i was fine playing outside in snow with dogs !!!

i dunno

2. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL

3. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

ASH- You probably wont believe me, but beinging 100% healthy and walking into a room when someone has the flu, I can sometimes tell that I am going to have it as well. Usually it hits me 48-72 hours later.

4. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

thanks brother ,

and i got a heart cath to be done tuesday morning im hoping im ok by then or have to reschedule.

im 41 and had alot of surgeries,over the years but today i have never felt this bad period. i cant keep chicken broth down . worried bout dehydration so im sipping gatorade hoping to hold it . and some of my wifes cream pops /

5. engineer151515

engineer151515

Take the time to recover.

A relapse seems even worse.

Best wishes

6. Adjuster

Adjuster

If you were in a hospital there is no telling what you may have picked up. You should definitely bring it up with your doctor.

7. JMag

JMag

Next time, buy a Mac!

:)

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear you are ailing. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

8. Adjuster

Adjuster

I am guessing Norwalk virus. And I am not even a Dr.

9. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Ash: I am sorry that you felt so bad. But, think about this, and you might feel better:

"In septicemia, the third type of plague, massive numbers of the bacilli enter the bloodstream. A victim's body virtually explodes with the disease. A rash appears within hours, and death occurs within a day, even before buboes have time to appear."

A number of my doctors believe that I am the only person in medical history to have survived septicemic plague.

Quien sabe, amigo?

10. moncoacp

moncoacp

Last week I left for a public function at 7 pm, by 8 pm I had to run out of the place to upchuck in the parking lot. The next 24 hours was pure hell from both ends. Then as quickly as it came on, it was gone.

11. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

I was at my clinic last Wed. I got a bad cold on Thursday. I was also at the clinic in December and got sick the next day.

But, I did not get the seasonal or H1N1 flu in either instance - inoculation baby. :whistling:

Hope you and your mom recover quickly. :wavey:

12. RenoF250

RenoF250

????

Everytime I have had the pukes it came on quick. On our honeymoon wife and I both woke up about 2:00 am to talk into the big white phone. Just fine when we went to bed.

13. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

That sounds like food poisoning.

14. RenoF250

RenoF250

Could have been but that is how it usually goes for me. I don't remember a stomach bug ever coming on slow for me.