close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How big is the Conyers/Covington Match?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TatonkaJack, May 30, 2007.

1. TatonkaJack

TatonkaJack

Just curious, but I'm trying to plan my trip for Sept. for my wife and I to attend the Conyers/Covington match. I'm leaning towards attending both days in order for both of us to shoot all of our divisions. Since that match is the heart of "Glockland" (so close to Atlanta) I'm guessing it'll have a big turnout. But has it in the past been a big event?

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i've shot six in a day, easily. i've shot 3 and ROed in a day easily. i've never seen much of a wait there it's well run and well orginized. there are smaller matches that have more of a wait to shoot.

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

4. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The Conyers match is The Largest GSSF match of the year! It is very well staff and runs very smoothly. I highly recomend attending this match!:thumbsup:

Dan:cool:

5. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

This is a very well run match. Yes, it's big, but don't let that scare you. It is run smoothly, carefully and fast. I drove down last year from Columbus, Ohio and I don't regret a minute of it! It's fun and that's what GSSF matches are all about - the fun,the fellowship (new and old friends), teamwork and, oh yeah, some shooting! I get to put the faces to the names of people on Glock talk. I love it when I hear new people are trying out this new adventure. Believe me, as I said before, GSSF outdoor matches are adventures and need to be experienced. They are also challenging as well, no matter what your skill level. And yes, I almost forgot to mention, they are addiciting. Enter at your own risk! Hope to see you there.

6. RoyRNC

RoyRNC

I highly recommend this match. Well run with plenty of staff/RO's to get things moving quickly.

Last year was my first time at Conyers and I got there 10AM Saturday morning. When I pre-registered I only signed up for 3, but I was done in about two hours so I went back and signed up for 2 more.

7. TatonkaJack

TatonkaJack

I appreciate everyone's comments. This will be my second GSSF match (my first was here in Orlando in Feb.) I did compare last year's match results to the Orlando match and I see that Conyers is definately bigger! This will also be my wife's first GSSF match. After she was a spectator at the Orlando match, it seems the Glock bug bit her and now she wants to try to beat me! So silly me I agreed to buy her a Glock of her own (it's gonna be a 17 for her, I have a 19). I hope to see you all there!

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The Conyers match has gone over 500 entries several times in the last 8 years, but it is the best run match of the season. There are multiple bays for each stage, so wait times are short.

9. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

TatonkaJack
    Don't forget the Pensacola, FL match November 10 & 11! We had a very good turn out last year with a very short wait time at all of the courses of fire.:thumbsup: I hope you can make it!

Dan:cool:

10. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

The 2006 Conyers match went 443 entries, which is the smallest one they have done in the last 8 years.

Their biggest one, in 2000, which is the single biggest GSSF match EVER, went 560 entries.

Under the new GSSF prize scheme, in addition to the 1st/2nd/3rd place-type awards, a 443 entry match would award eighty-two $50 random awards and 13 random firearms awards.

Another 560 entry match would award 118 $50 random awards and 19 random firearm awards.

Come n' get em'!

:supergrin: