Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
27,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A former Army female brags to me about her running prowess while in the Army. I commented that she has great genetics for running and that I was a terrible longer distance runner but good natural sprinter.

I told the same female that women get shortchanged by the Army in that they need more physical training to bring them up to speed, but the Army is a one size fits all.

Well, this young lady filed a complaint against me for being a racist and prejudiced against women.

I expect to be fired. Insane.

·
Mentally Frozen
28,384 Posts
You can't trust anyone. That really sucks, and I would sue the hell out of them.

·
Anti-Federalist
21,410 Posts
A former Army female brags to me about her running prowess while in the Army. I commented that she has great genetics for running and that I was a terrible longer distance runner but good natural sprinter.

I told the same female that women get shortchanged by the Army in that they need more physical training to bring them up to speed, but the Army is a one size fits all.

Well, this young lady filed a complaint against me for being a racist and prejudiced against women.

I expect to be fired. Insane.

That is horrible. It would appear she got bent out of shape that you (and I ) feel women usually need more help in the PT department. Social justice warriors gotta warrior... I hope your HR can see this for what it is and maybe you can squeak by with a letter of communication or some such nonsense.

That sucks. I'm thankful to not have any female co-workers and work remotely.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Unless you were videotaped, deny. She came to you, and made all those claims to you. You didn’t respond, just told her that you understood her frustration and empathize. Hopefully you didn’t admit this conversation or put anything in writing. Hopefully they aren’t going to pull this post up, and you have representation when questioned. If not, you learned a hard lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Unfortunately, we have to warn our younger guys to really stay way from women at work. Too much chance to offhandedly say something that is taken wrong by the "other side". Politics, Sexism, Racism, there are now too many areas of discussion that can get a guy in trouble.

We lost the battle. It should be that these situations look at a person's intent when they say something. Also, it should require a pattern of behavior, not just one instance.

·
Registered
27,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I learned that there are also males who were offended by those and similar comments. None of them ever served.

·
Registered
27,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But is she hawt????
Far from it. My ex-wife was another one blessed with good genetics. She could run 5 miles and do 40 men's pushups without ever training.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
We are taking in my wifes niece she is 18 and just got done with a year of college. She was raised in a horrible environment and we are trying to get her going in a good direction.

She signs up for classes at the community college and they are taken aback by the fact that she is taking extra credits every semester and using her financial aid for more classes instead of a refund. She is trying to follow in my wifes footsteps and get her MBA and cpa license as that has opened a world of opportunity to my wife (similar to how no young people want to work the trades no young people want to be accountants). Well they ask her about her childhood and they cant fathom that she isn't wanting to just get a worthless participation prize degree and coast along. The folks at the college are literally trying to make her a victim and feel sorry for herself. Its disgusting they are literally trying to beat into her head because she is a woman she should be a victim. She ain't having it but alot of her friends are, however they aren't really her friends anymore as she is starting to recognize that she needs to focus on herself and not worry about friends that want to play victim and blame everyone else for their lack of initiative.

·
Sneet
16,161 Posts
When I owned my little airplane, I offered a ride to one of our Flight Attendants, she turned me in to our Chief Pilot for hitting on her. When he asked me about it. I said, "I offer all my friends a ride in my plane." She had a history of trying to get a payout, using this tactic. Nothing came of it, but that's when I became a slam clicker.

·
Registered
13,228 Posts
As a male, why would you talk to a female at work about anything other than work? The new generation of "I'm offended and someone owes me for hurting my feelings" now reigns supreme. I'm re-entering the job market and in a much different field than before. Unless/until I've known someone for a few years, talk at work will be just that...talk about work. Especially if they ask questions about my past job, because I'm sure I'll offend someone with those stories.

·
Registered
27,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I owned my little airplane, I offered a ride to one of our Flight Attendants, she turned me in to our Chief Pilot for hitting on her. When he asked me about it. I said, "I offer all my friends a ride in my plane." She had a history of trying to get a payout, using this tactic. Nothing came of it, but that's when I became a slam clicker.
What's a slam clicker?

·
Registered
27,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The bad thing is that all of the comments are anonymous, everyone has an agenda, I've learned.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.