Debate How an Atheist Led Me from Atheism to Jesus

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Paul7, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Aslan

Aslan Aslan

Christians have always believed in the deity of Christ.
    John 1:1 is not vague. Ho logos=the Word was with God and was God.
    To repeat, only God can forgive sins and receive worship. Jesus did both.

But what does any of this matter to you? Tell me, if Christ was God, would you believe in Him?

No atheist here has ever acknowledged the least thread of any Christian belief!
    "Show us," they say. Evidence is presented and poo-pooed period.

Dr. Bill likes this.
  2. Aslan

Aslan Aslan

I couldn't agree with you more. I think the exact same way about the atheist position!

3. Guss

Guss

No. His deity was subject to questioning until denying his godhood was declared a heresy. And initially, there were two different camps - Jews that were a kind of human-Jesus fan club, and Paul who preached the Christianity that caught on in Rome.

Only God can do God forgiveness. However he also expects humans to give forgiveness as in Matthew 6:15.

Many people have claimed to be a god. I need evidence.

4. Aslan

Aslan Aslan

The "evidence" you seek Guss (beyond the mountain of which you've been provided) does not exist. One possible exception; a direct encounter! I encourage seekers to ask for this. Perhaps you have already.

Jeremiah 29:13New International Version (NIV)
    13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  5. Aslan

Aslan Aslan

Why would you accept the sources providing the info in your quote above as factual and accurate, and reject other sources? What criteria do you use to determine the reliability of evidences?

6. jonb32248

jonb32248

Well maybe that's true maybe not. No proof that he didn't say it. The point is the scientist who pushes the evolution theory, which is just that, won't admit that jusuust maybe there is someone out there beyond space and time that put everything together. So if Kieth didn't actually say it ,it's still the underlying thought. So if you want to believe that you came from some oooze or from a monkey or whatever have at it. But there's less proof of that than God creating all that we see and know. There's too much consistency in our universe to come up with the idea that it's all random and by coincidence.

Dr. Bill and Aslan like this.
  7. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

You realize that this just isn't true, right? The evidence of Evolution is truly staggering. And from so many different disciplines it's almost impossible to collate it all and put it in one place. From biology to paleontology to chemistry to any number of other disciplines. Evolution is one of the most successful "theories" ( don't think I didn't notice the attempt to downplay the word "theory". We can argue that also, if you wish. ) that has ever been introduced in science. No other "theory" has the explanative power of Evolution.

Meanwhile, the only evidence you have of creationism is a book written by Bronze Age goatherds who didn't know where the sun went at night. And to make matters worse, the book you hold up as "proof" is also the claim itself. This is logically incoherent and as good an example of circular reasoning as can be found.

And the Argument from Incredulity is noted as well.

Diesel_Bomber likes this.
  8. Aslan

Aslan Aslan

The view "theistic evolution" (which is held by many Christians though not by me), allows for the great God and evolutionary development!

9. jonb32248

jonb32248

The staggering part is the only truth in your post. You must be drunk to believe evolution. The evolution garbage changes faster than the wind in a tornado. Believe it if you want to, but not me not ever.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Aslan likes this.
  10. Aslan

Aslan Aslan

Amen!!

11. Lone Wolf8634

Please, please educate yourself before making such comments. I don't care if you believe Evolution or not but at least be intellectually honest and admit your dismissing it in spite of the evidence for it. I understand your need to adhere to your dogma but dishonesty is dishonesty.

12. ziggy2525

ziggy2525

Sure. And when Jesus was hanging on the cross. Right before he died. Right before he said "my God, my God, why have you forsaken me" he said to the crowd "I'm just a man. I'm not a God." Maybe that's true. Maybe not. No proof he didn't say it.

13. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

That's simply an absurd standard. There's no evidence he wrote what has been attributed to him. Therefore, we must conclude he didn't write it.
    No, the point is that your position is so lacking in support among the scientific community you have to use invented "quotes" to give the appearance of dissent or refusal to consider other possibilities.
    If this were actually true, you'd be able to produce actual evidence, not invented "quotes".
    No, there isn't and there certainly isn't evidence for a supernatural deity creating everything.

14. Guss

Guss

Oh, I "found" him. That's why I was Christian. Been there, done that. It's all in the head.

15. Animal Mother

Other than the fact we've observed evolution in the lab, in the wild and in the historical and fossil record you mean?

16. Animal Mother

Why do believers constantly reference evidence, without ever actually providing any?

Diesel_Bomber and nmk like this.
  17. Lone Wolf8634

Because the "evidence " is contained within the claim. They know it's an incoherent position

18. Guss

Guss

It was a matter of great concern to Emperor Constantine, so naturally all the political and religious figures of the time would have been closely watching the situation. It was written of promptly, not hundreds of years later, and the records were well-kept by the group that dominated. There was a major response to the Christian vs. Christian fighting that resulted in what you now call the Nicean Creed - a statement of the Trinity. The losers were required to burn their books and faced a penalty of death if they did not comply. No religious historian is going to deny this.

19. neon

neon

Science presupposes that the universe is logical and orderly and that it obeys mathematical laws that are consistent over time and space. Even though conditions in different regions of space and eras of time are quite diverse, there is nonetheless an underlying uniformity.

Because there is such regularity in the universe, there are many instances where scientists are able to make successful predictions about the future. For example, astronomers can successfully compute the positions of the planets, moons, and asteroids far into the future. Without uniformity in nature, such predictions would be impossible, and science could not exist. The problem for evolutionist is that such regularity only makes sense in a biblical creation worldview.source:AIG

upload_2017-6-27_10-4-52.jpeg

Molly:)

+++
    Colossians 2:8 -
    Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

20. Dave514

Dave514