Debate How an Atheist Led Me from Atheism to Jesus

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Paul7, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Not even close.

2. neon

neon

Why did everything we need in order to exist come into being? How was all of this possible without some latent outside power to orchestrate the precise dance of elementary particles required for the creation of all the essentials of life? The great British mathematician Roger Penrose has calculated—based on only one of the hundreds of parameters of the physical universe—that the probability of the emergence of a life-giving cosmos was 1 divided by 10, raised to the power 10, and again raised to the power of 123. This is a number as close to zero as anyone has ever imagined. (The probability is much, much smaller than that of winning the Mega Millions jackpot for more days than the universe has been in existence.)

The scientific atheists have scrambled to explain this troubling mystery by suggesting the existence of a multiverse—an infinite set of universes, each with its own parameters. In some universes, the conditions are wrong for life; however, by the sheer size of this putative multiverse, there must be a universe where everything is right. But if it takes an immense power of nature to create one universe, then how much more powerful would that force have to be in order to create infinitely many universes? So the purely hypothetical multiverse does not solve the problem of God. The incredible fine-tuning of the universe presents the most powerful argument for the existence of an immanent creative entity we may well call God. Lacking convincing scientific evidence to the contrary, such a power may be necessary to force all the parameters we need for our existence—cosmological, physical, chemical, biological and cognitive—to be what they are.source:Time.com

Molly:)

+++
    Daniel 9:21and22
    Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation. And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.

3. Lone Wolf8634

A long way to go for an argument from Incredulity

And there is no "God problem" in science. AIG just likes to make it appear as if there is a debate when no one is even asking the question. Because the question is ridiculous.

Oh, and the universe isn't finely tuned for our benifit. 99.999999999999-% of the universe would kill us instantly. We grasp life from one speck of dust in an entire universe.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  4. Dave514

Dave514

I don't know how sweet tarts are made but it doesn't mean I'll believe an unfounded story about how they are candy fairy farts.

5. neon

neon

The universe was all created by God. And so were you:

Acts 17:26
    and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,

Psalm 8:3-6
    When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained; What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him? Yet You have made him a little lower than God, And You crown him with glory and majesty!

+++
    Daniel 12:1
    And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of the people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Dr. Bill likes this.
  6. Lone Wolf8634

No, it wasn't. And, no, I wasn't. Just declaring something does not make it true.

But it was a decent attempt at changing the subject since you didn't have an actual answer for the post you quoted.

7. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Where did Penrose calculate this?

8. neon

neon

Probably in the insane asylum.
    You know people who think too much sooner or later go off the deep end.

If I were to guess I would say England, maybe Oxford?
    upload_2017-6-28_13-41-47.jpeg

Wouldn't he love to have a conversation with me?

+++
    Hosea 9:11
    As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from conception.