How adjustable are Glock factory Adj. sites

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JAYFARMLAW, Oct 19, 2005.

1. JAYFARMLAW

JAYFARMLAW

I bought my new Glock 21 and while I love the gun, it consistantly shoots low and to the right at 20 yards (or so). I am sure that part of this is me since I am new to Glocks (but not new to shooting) and the glock trigger does take some getting used to.

I have about 200 rounds down range and it is consitantly putting them 5 inches low and and 3 inches right.

I am planning on adding a 3.5# connector and probably the Glock factory adjustable rear. I need the extended slide stop and mag release as well. I suspect that I an pulling the gun off target while squeezing the trigger, but doing it about the same every time. My groups are acceptable to me.

My question is: How much adjustment is there in the factory adjustable site? will there be enough to raise it that high or do I need to get a shorter front site as well.

Thanks in advance for your help. By the way...I am just a hobby shooter, only carry when traveling, and for the most part, this pistol will be a safe queen..but it needs to be an accurate safe queen.

Jay

2. flycaster

flycaster

I have the sight on my G19. The adjustment range is broad enough for your issues. However- I've been having a serious problem with mine. The blade "walks" to the left during a shooting session. It's not moving in the dovetail. During competition last night, for example, my early shots were bang on center, but were two or so inches left at 15 yards after about 75 rounds. The blade was tight against the left side of the mount. This has happened regularly. I just put a dab of epoxy on the adjustment screw. If that doesn't work, I'll have to look into a different rear sight.

Chuck

3. gary newport

gary newport

I can't recommend the Glock OEM adjustable sight. As you recognize, unfamiliarity with the Glock trigger may be a large part of the problem. More trigger time, dry-firing, and mixing dummy rounds/snap caps with live rounds in your magazine while at the range will help.

The fixed rear sight can, of course, be drifted left or right to correct any windage errors that remain after you get used to the trigger. If there are still elevation issues, a relatively inexpensive way to discover what rear sight height you need is to buy all four Glock fixed rear sights as a package from Glockmeister (about $11 plus shipping). That height can be used to obtain the fixed rear steel or night sight of your choice (unless you are happy with the polymer sights).

Adjustable sights for Glocks are made by Meprolight (night sights), Dawson Precision, and others. Any of these would probably be a better investment than the factory adjustables.