Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some trouble looking up part numbers. What I’m curious of is: based on part numbers, and construction, how accurate is it to say a Glock 26 is a Glock 19 short? There is no debate that they’re extremely similar except for the shorter barrel and a shorter handle, but do the part numbers reflect that? And other than the accessory rail they seem like the same gun except for those lengths. what are your opinions? What, other than accessory rail options, can’t you do with a 26 that you can do with a 19?

·
Banned
409 Posts
I tried to find these charts in my bookmarks, but I must not have saved them, so I just attached the parts list files that I had saved. Hopefully, you can find your answer in them.

I don't know the answer, but I do call a G26 with a magazine extension a short-barreled G19, which is something I never do to Glocks. If I buy a small Glock, it's because I want a small Glock, and I keep it small. But quite a few people like to make their small Glocks bigger. To each, their own.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the list. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get either one of them to load. May just be my ineptitude .

I hear and respect your opinion.
The reason why I would do that is because it offers me the big gun option as well as the small gun option with the same firearm. I have pocket carried a 26 with as much is a 12 round magazine. Works better with a 10 round. But since I’ve discovered the urban carry G2 in the G 19 size, there is no reason not to carry the 26 with a 15 round magazine. Then thinking about it, it is a little more comfortable to carry a 43 with a nine round ETS which is the same size if comfort’s primary concern. In the same G 19 sized holster. The 19 won’t draw as well from the “ correctly “ sized G2. It needs to be drawn out of the G17 sized G2 to get the same performance however that one’s too big in my opinion. Used it for three weeks solid daily, but just not as much fun. If you follow their recommendations, unfortunately, they just don’t draw very well.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,441 Posts
Walther has the PP and PPK. When you put the PPK barrel and slide on the PP, you have the PPK/s.

A G36 barrel and slide on a G30SF is a G30s

If you could put the 26 barrel and slide on a 19, then that might be a 19s.
If you could put a 19 barrel and slide on a 17 then that might be a 17s.
If you could put a 26 barrel and slide on a 17 then that might be a 17s2.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I had some trouble looking up part numbers. What I’m curious of is: based on part numbers, and construction, how accurate is it to say a Glock 26 is a Glock 19 short? There is no debate that they’re extremely similar except for the shorter barrel and a shorter handle, but do the part numbers reflect that? And other than the accessory rail they seem like the same gun except for those lengths. what are your opinions? What, other than accessory rail options, can’t you do with a 26 that you can do with a 19?
Don't understand your question. All Glocks are basically identical in design (with the exception of the Gen 5 changing some of the springs), scaled up or down or in a different caliber.

So you could say a 19 is a small 17 or a big 26, or a 21 is a 17XL.

Walther has the PP and PPK. When you put the PPK barrel and slide on the PP, you have the PPK/s.

A G36 barrel and slide on a G30SF is a G30s

If you could put the 26 barrel and slide on a 19, then that might be a 19s.
If you could put a 19 barrel and slide on a 17 then that might be a 17s.
If you could put a 26 barrel and slide on a 17 then that might be a 17s2.
Not really, the S in 30S is for slim, not short.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,441 Posts
Don't understand your question. All Glocks are basically identical in design (with the exception of the Gen 5 changing some of the springs), scaled up or down or in a different caliber.

So you could say a 19 is a small 17 or a big 26, or a 21 is a 17XL.

Not really, the S in 30S is for slim, not short.
I was just referring hybrids like the PPK/s. I believe Colt made a limited run of Officer slides and barrels on some Commanders at one time and call it the LT Commander (LT was for Lieutenant).

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
A G19 barrel will fit in a G26. The G17 barrel will not.
...until you get to Gen5. All Gen5 barrels use the same barrel-to-locking-block interface based on that used in all generations of G19. The G26 locking block and G19 locking block are different and not interchangeable, but a G19 barrel still fits a G26 of any generation. In Gen5 World, a G17 or G34 barrel will fit a G26 or G19.

WRT pre-Gen5 G19 pistols made after mid-1997 (serial CHP###US and later), those have G19 VAR1 barrels. Those have a slight slope to the front top of the barrel hood where it meets and locks up with the slide's ejection port. That slope reduces the vertical length of the barrel hood's locking surface to allow the slide to unlock earlier in recoil. This was added in response to NYPD complaints 25 years ago that their thousands of G19s sometime did not cycle properly with low power factor training-only ammo that was used at NYPD ranges.

Gen5 G19s returned to the same barrel hood locking surface used by all other Glocks.

·
AK-74
2,052 Posts
Well will pick-up the Gen 5 new 26 on Wed. And the G45 to the nightstand,Will be a much better carry gun, And with the X grip and 15 round mag with a 21 shot mag in reserve should not have any issues.Even Looked at the new FN gs 9mm compact.But with the 17 round mag just as big as the darn G45

Nothing worse with a side erection on the hip.
Some said get a 19 had those and sold them all.Great guns, But just like the MR.Stubby Glock.

Some call it the Baby Glock. But after well over 20 years it has matured into adulthood very well.
In fact good enough to carry.
7930d0d377184a7f7a2de3e90d2d060a.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts