How ‘naked ballots’ in Pennsylvania could cost Joe Biden the election…

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Sep 26, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"DEMOCRATS SOUND THE ALARM — How ‘naked ballots’ in Pennsylvania could cost Joe Biden the election…

Posted by Kane on September 26, 2020 5:43 am

View: https://youtu.be/wqmANTzCheA

How ‘naked ballots’ in Pennsylvania could cost Joe Biden the election

The 2020 presidential election could come down to envelopes.

The state Supreme Court in Pennsylvania, a critical battleground state that’s seen as increasingly likely to determine who wins the White House, last week ordered officials to throw out “naked ballots” — mail ballots that arrive without inner “secrecy envelopes.” Pennsylvania uses a two-envelope mail ballot system: A completed ballot goes into a “secrecy envelope” that has no identifying information, and then into a larger mailing envelope that the voter signs.

It’s unclear how many naked ballots there will be, because this is the first year any Pennsylvania voter can vote by mail, and most counties counted them in the June primary without tracking how many there were.

But Philadelphia’s top elections official warned that the court’s ruling “is going to cause electoral chaos,” lead to tens of thousands of votes being thrown out, and put the state at the center of “significant post-election legal controversy, the likes of which we have not seen since Florida in 2000.”

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/br...nnsylvania-could-cost-joe-biden-the-election/ "

Willard likes this.
  2. diamondd2

diamondd2

Unsolicited/Universal mail in voting is not in the best interest of either side of the isle.

cbetts1, CAcop, robhic and 1 other person like this.

3. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

Anyone who can’t follow instructions doesn’t deserve to have their vote counted.

4. mj9mm

mj9mm

The Entitlement crowd has found another proven Institution to destroy....

railfancwb, DonGlock26 and JDubbs316 like this.
  5. bubbatime

bubbatime

That’s a dumb ruling . We have the same system in Florida with the hidden envelope nonsense and in the interest of fair, just elections , every cast ballot should be counted. Period. The “judge” that can’t understand that should absolutely be removed from power , ridiculed, and heck, tar and feathered.

6. Tvov

Tvov

I would assume the article means this "new" way of vote by mail? Connecticut has had "absentee ballots", since, well, forever. You contact your local town hall / election office and can have a ballot sent to you for you to vote and mail back.

What has changed this year in Connecticut is the mass mailing of ballots - seems like they are mailing out ballots to everyone and anyone who has ever been in, or near, or in the same country as, Connecticut.

CAcop and DonGlock26 like this.
  7. Bish1309

Bish1309

Iowa here.

I haven't been sent a ballot but I have been sent several "post cards" telling me I can request an absentee ballot. I'm voting in person. :2gun:

8. tm255

tm255

I'm really not following how this does anything other than help The Left.

The exterior envelope and the secrecy envelope just add an extra step -- Pennsylvania has been given 3 extra days beyond election day to complete their tally, plenty of time to find enough "lost" ballots to ensure a Biden win.

CAcop likes this.
  9. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Hell, not only picture ID but I'd be in favor of a quickie IQ test for voters. Now they check your temp due to Covid - why not a short IQ test due to STOOOOOOPID!!!

10. bdcochran

bdcochran

Well, the individual states make the rules. The ruling is correct, fortunately or unfortunately. The official's suggestion that it creates an legal mess is incorrect. A federal court will support the highest state court's ruling that it confirmed the state rule.

11. Bish1309

Bish1309

Because then you'll need someone with enough intelligence to grade it. :freak:

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I have mentioned before that Democrats' confidence in mail-in voting HAS to be based on the chance to buy votes by the truckload in poor neighborhoods (a strategy that only works if all or most people get mail-in ballots).

Other than vote buying/harvesting, the requirements to correctly fill out and mail the mail-in ballots will cost them the votes of the same people they mean to buy them from - people who are not really motivated and/or will have a hard time understanding and complying with the instructions.

I did a mail-in ballot for the primary, just to be different, and if the other states' ballots are anything like Kentucky's, I foresee a lot of people not sending them back and a lot more sending them back incorrectly.

Railing against the mail-in ballots may be another classic Trump misdirection technique - cause the Democrats to go all-in for mail-in voting, knowing it will cost them more votes than it costs the Republicans.

tm255 and CAcop like this.
  13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

We used to have those. From before the civil war to the 1960s, we had voter literacy tests you had to pass to vote. The left claimed they discriminated against black voters, but the Supreme Court even said they were constitutional, so northern Democrats and Republicans banned them by law in the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

CAcop likes this.
  14. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Gee, picture ID must be the new 'literacy test.' They claim it discriminates against blacks (and their lives matter, ya know?). This strikes me as somewhat insulting. If I was a black person in the US today, I'd feel like people think I'm too stupid or too lazy to get a picture ID! They'll give you one for free and/or a driver's license will suffice. If you truly ARE that bad off, maybe you should NOT vote. :dunno:

CAcop likes this.
  15. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Anytime the Country as a whole has the will to ensure a fair & accurate election system, all that need be done, is pass a federal law mandating voter picture ID's
    Other countries do it w/o fanfare...[we] could certainly do it here...but we lack the will to demand it of our public officials...claims of disenfranchisement are so bogus as to be laughable...these same folks find an ID to somehow cash checks...they can certainly obtain one to vote.

tm255, Willard and Pennsyltucky like this.
  16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

It is. After the Democrats finished the fight against literacy tests, they took on felon-voting, because it was "racist" not to let felons vote. Now only Kentucky and Virginia don't automatically give back voting rights and Virginia lets you get them back with a couple of clocks on the internet. The new campaign to get those scraped from the bottom of the barrel to get out and vote Democrat is "no ID voting."

Tells you a lot about the Democrats that they can always rely on the votes of the dumbest and most corrupt, anti-social citizens.

aircarver, robhic and tm255 like this.