How ‘bout a Watch Question?? What’s a Great Looking PEPSI Diver or Chrono??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Nalapombu, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

It’s a workhorse. Had to pull it on a crackhead last year. He complimented the gun. Was the darndest thing I’ve ever seen.

Deanster and Colt38SuperDude like this.
  2. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

Those are nice indeed. I have a very, very simple one from their "Elegance" selection...black leather band, white face "dress watch" kind of thing. They gave it to me at dinner and said "now you don't have to wear a sport watch when wearing a suit" and they smiled because I was wearing a Seamaster. :)

Colt38SuperDude likes this.

3. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

Believe it or not, this thread is unusually ON topic for GNG/OKC?

Nobody has blamed Obama for anything yet, which is truly rare.

Nobody has called anyone else a rat-licker, or claimed that a Rolex makes the only functional face-mask, or explained that canned soup is the only real soup, or claimed that their behavior angers the Roman pantheon, or... you get the idea.

Jonesee and kiser64 like this.
  4. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Not sure this link will work but it's a Glycine Pepsi. Glycine is an old line Swiss mark......42MM "Combat Sub", auto/Glycine movement based on the Sellita SW-200 which is an ETA - 2824-2 clone (it's a near bombproof auto movement), 20ATM at $399.

Finding a new link

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Budqweiser likes this.
  5. Colt38SuperDude

Colt38SuperDude

They do have a point. Wearing a tool watch; a fancy one at that, with suits is a little tres gauche. That’s why whenever I don my dress uniform to go earn some cheddars, I’d break out the Patek or Piaget. Otherwise most of the time, when I wear polo and slack (daily field uniform), it’s one of the Omegas.

my wife made me buy the stupid Panerai after The Expendables came out. “Oh honey, it looks so good on Rambo!!!” I mean, seriously, I hardly even wear the Rolex much less the Rolex wannabe. At least the kids will have some decent wristwatches to wear.

the old lady wanted our daughter to wear her dainty Rolex and Cartier watches. I’m gonna put the kaybosh to that notion and give the daughter one of my Omegas if not the Submariner. Or both. After all she’s the eldest and should get first dibs. I believe in primogeniture.

Deanster and Green Dragoon like this.
  6. cruz lee

cruz lee

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Grabbrass, Cubdriver and kiser64 like this.
  7. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Never stopped Bond. James Bond.

Colt38SuperDude likes this.
  8. napp32

napp32

Did some soul searching and finally ordered the quartz version of the Invicta Pro Diver. It's not a true Pepsi watch; because it is black in the places where the Pepsi is blue. I can live with that.

20200928_194206.jpg

Deanster and kiser64 like this.
  9. kiser64

kiser64

That one's a coke homage. I hope it works out for you this time around. I'm a fan of vintage Rolex on jubilee bracelet style.

napp32 likes this.
  10. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

I like both the Coke colors and the wee Hammerheads on dial and bezel!

Hope this works out well for you, and is a good companion.

At a bare minimum, it's a very economical way to learn what's really important to you about this kind of watch. I also think the quartz version is a great choice for a watch you're not wearing daily - the pick-up-and-go value is powerful.

I think it might also look good on a black rubber strap, if you'd like an option to add to the bracelet.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    napp32 and kiser64 like this.