Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colorfulness Circle

Glock 19 at the range. Maybe 11 yards or so. Rapid fire mag dumps freestyle and strong hand.

That’s good, right?

Combat accurate is all you need!

No seriously. Those were the targets of the other guy at the range. I wasn’t really paying attention, but figured he was an “operator” by the rate of fire.

When I actually looked at his targets I was like ??!????

I’m hoping he was aiming for the white space between the black targets.

I’m a firm believer in perfect practice makes perfect. This was the opposite of that.

I’m my head I chuckled at the thought of Sciolist twitching at the sight of the targets, so I thought I’d share. :D

The thing is, I even offered to him when he arrived that we could move the firing line up closer. But he said, “I can shoot from anywhere...”

So I just figured he’d be fine....

Seriously, man. A shoot n c target only as much as two wasted rounds. Much better to see where your rounds are going so you can learn from them.

My $0.02. Anyone have fun range stories / pictures of “that guy?” :D

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
Nice shotgun... Where's the Glock?

:supergrin:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
At my club there’s someone who shows up on weekdays and destroys the large mats we have to hang targets on in the PISTOL range with a shotgun. One of those guys who leaves the plastic cases everywhere but the trashcan. I hope this guy gets caught soon. We have some others who delight in shooting our 100 yard gongs with steel core ammo punching nice holes in the plates. :fist:
Whatever happened to respecting other’s property? Our club is small and we’re not flush with cash so these things hurt.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Jesus, I'd hang my head in shame and sell my guns if I shot that at 50 yards, let alone 11...
Yeah,if that’s @ 11 yards maybe that shooter should consult an eye dr. or buy a shotgun.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,779 Posts
Leave a card and ask Stevie Wonder if he would sign it for you. At 11 yards rapid fire, I would think that most if not all should be within the black. But then I don't know what kind of shooting he was doing. Maybe offhand rapid fire.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Needs to move the place he goes to shoot.
I thought it was with a Judge at 11 yards.
Or someone shooting a 22 pistol from the hip.

Reactions: -JCN-

·
Premium Member
11,302 Posts
View attachment 390044

Glock 19 at the range. Maybe 11 yards or so. Rapid fire mag dumps freestyle and strong hand.

That’s good, right?

Combat accurate is all you need!

No seriously. Those were the targets of the other guy at the range. I wasn’t really paying attention, but figured he was an “operator” by the rate of fire.

When I actually looked at his targets I was like ??!????

I’m hoping he was aiming for the white space between the black targets.

I’m a firm believer in perfect practice makes perfect. This was the opposite of that.

I’m my head I chuckled at the thought of Sciolist twitching at the sight of the targets, so I thought I’d share. :D

The thing is, I even offered to him when he arrived that we could move the firing line up closer. But he said, “I can shoot from anywhere...”

So I just figured he’d be fine....

Seriously, man. A shoot n c target only as much as two wasted rounds. Much better to see where your rounds are going so you can learn from them.

My $0.02. Anyone have fun range stories / pictures of “that guy?” :D
Looks like he used bird shot. Quail and dove season will be good to him.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
A buddy was doing slow fire accuracy drills at our local range when another shooter mag dumps in the stall next to him with about the same accuracy as the OPs photo. He looks over at my buddy and says slow fire's not realistic, he only practices for "combat accuracy."

My buddy proceeds to mag dump a ~4" group at 10 yrds, looks back at him and says "It's important to practice both"

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I approached an a$$ clown at our indoor range about two weeks ago that was sighting in an A R off a sand bag at 21 feet and literally tearing up the cement ceiling at the end of the range. He had no clue.

Reactions: -JCN-
1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.