close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Houston

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Eagles1181, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Eagles1181

Eagles1181 Flying High

OK, have been carrying for a while but never really competed. I was wondering if there was a GSSF event in the Houston area? If I am going to put up laughably slow times I really would rather not have a long drive home to think about.

Eagle

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Check out www.gssfonline.com for the new 2005-2006 schedule. The is usually a match at Dallas, San Antonio and Shreveport. That would be the 3 closest I can think of.

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Yep, Carrollton, Shreveport, & San Antonio are the closest.

4. Littlerock

Littlerock

I was told at the GSSF shoot in San Antonio that there are ranges that could and will sponsor a Glock shoot in the Houston area. Was also told that Houston is a huge market and it would be a huge crowd shooting. THen was told that the problem is the host ranges do not have a large enough " RO commitment ". If your from the area round up some RO and get it going please.;W ;W ;W ;W

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I know the Florida Gang would be there to shoot. It is always great to have a match close enough to go to. We only shoot 12 a year now.;f

6. TXMike

TXMike

Pearland (PSC) has a range large enough for the GSSF events and currently holds the state IDPA match and the Space City Challenge. This is about the best deal going here but still lacks the capability to set up/practice the GSSF events due to several restrictions with neighbors. I really miss my West Texas range.............:( ;g :(