Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to an outdoor range today and shot my Hk45c. Afterwards went to two walmarts and both were cleaned out of basically all ammo. No .45 no 9mm and SOME wwb .40sw. The ammo shortage issue has never really been "resolved" yet now has it. And i guess that goes alog with the economy gettjng worse.

SIDE note: my comptac dual mag pouch made for my gun isnt working. One pouch is fine the other is so stiff i cant pull the mag out! Is there a way to adjust this or something? Or heat the kydex?

Thank you
TGN

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
Wally World is not the only game in town.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Order online, I now buy the majority of my ammo and reloading components online

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I know, just being dramatic. Walmart is definitely the cheapest for WWB.

I sure hate China-Mart though.

All of my Birdshot or .45 target ammo is purchased, to this date, in store. Everything else is online.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Some of the best prices that I've found anywhere. Not sure what shipping would be but I'm sure it'd still be cheaper then most places even with shipping.
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/

·
Registered
393 Posts
it all depends on which walmart you go to. sometimes my closest one has good stock, sometimes they dont so i go to the next nearest one. when i visit my parents or inlaws (they live on opposite sides of town) i usually stop by their walmart and see what it has. it has been a hit and miss in the last few months tho.

·
Daca is caca
3,650 Posts
Went to an outdoor range today and shot my Hk45c. Afterwards went to two walmarts and both were cleaned out of basically all ammo. No .45 no 9mm and SOME wwb .40sw. The ammo shortage issue has never really been "resolved" yet now has it. And i guess that goes alog with the economy gettjng worse.

SIDE note: my comptac dual mag pouch made for my gun isnt working. One pouch is fine the other is so stiff i cant pull the mag out! Is there a way to adjust this or something? Or heat the kydex?

Thank you
TGN
i bought it all, and will be reselling soon. with a fair markup, of course:supergrin:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Every Walmart Ive been to in my state (washington) is usually always sold out of 45 and 40. Ive never found a box of 45 at a Washington walmart or frankly large sporting goods store other than cabelas. I have to go to the smaller shops for carry ammo and hit the press for the range stuff.

·
Daca is caca
3,650 Posts
I went to two walmarts yesterday and they were wiped out as well.
it's hit n miss. maybe ask the clerk (if you can find him/her) when the next shipment gets in

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, Academy tends to be stocked more often than Wal-mart. Wal-mart saves me a few dollars per 100 round value pack, usually.

·
Registered
31,725 Posts
Could be weather-induced shipping delays maybe. Ammo has to ship by ground.

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
Our local Wal-Mart usually has a plentiful supply of different calibers of ammo. The .45 ACP WWB is usually available. I do wish they would stock .44 Special!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
They must have sent it all to me. Boxes and boxes of 9mm WWB 100rd for $19.98.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts