Houston Area Glockers...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by monty01, Apr 10, 2007.

1. monty01

monty01

I just purchased some Heinie straight eights and i'm dying to get these bad boys put on. Anyone know of reasonable shops who do sight installs on the west side of town?

BTW, what is the take on local shooting ranges? I know american shooting center is close and top gun is also fairly close.

2. drbill

drbill

The only place I would recommend would be Fountain Firearms on Hwy 6. Sloan is their gunsmith and he is great. Top Gun is okay, but I am really sold on the guys at Fountain. Sloan works on Tuesday through Saturday. In fact, I just bought the Heinie sights for my G30 and when they get here I will take them to Sloan for install. He is really good with Glocks and he is a 1911 mechanic as well. You won't be sorry with these guys.

By the way, I live in West Houston as well.

Dr. Bill

3. drbill

drbill

With regards to ranges, I have a membership at American Shooting Centers. They are a good choice. Top Gun is okay, but their rate is by the hour. At American Shooting Centers they charge one price and it is good for the ENTIRE DAY!! Their membership is $250 for a year and you can go as many times as you like, shoot as many different guns as you like, and there is no additional charge for the steel plates. So, all in all it is a good deal.

I go to Top Gun when it is nasty outside and I just have to shoot.

Good luck.

Dr. Bill

4. monty01

monty01

Thanks for the info drbill, i may head over there tomorrow for the install. Then i'm going straight to American Shooting Centers to give them a whirl!