close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

House MD

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by MtBaldy, Jan 2, 2010.

1. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Anyone watch this show? My wife loves it and one of her Christmas presents was the first 4 seasons on DVD. I like it but the plot is getting repetitive. Patient comes in with mystery ailment, house and team diagnose obscure disease, diagnosis is wrong and patient gets worse, House comes up with new even more obscure diagnosis and does something outrageous, illegal, immoral, to confirm the diagnosis or administer treatment. Patient leaves healthy. There are variations but that's the basic plot. Yet for some reason I don't mind watching it with her?

Jennifer Morrison
    [​IMG]

I mean, what's not to like about brilliant beautiful hot women?

2. The Machinist

The Machinist Please! Please! No more!

What you said about the plot is 100% correct. That's why I absolutely cannot stand the myriad crappy cop/court/hospital garbage on TV. It's sloppy and lazy writing, and just used for some quick advertising dollars.

The best shows on TV are not on the networks.

3. rd21

rd21 Rationalist

J-Mo is pretty incredible... and some of the girls in later seasons ain't bad either.

In my opinion, yes, the "medical" part of House is pretty much the same every week, but there are a number of running storylines that keep it new and interesting. The medical stuff is just sort of there to provide a backdrop.