close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hosting a GSSF event

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by CJLeete, Sep 20, 2004.

1. CJLeete

CJLeete

Who has some contact information for GSSF concerning hosting a GSSF event?. The goal is to get an event convenient to the Hampton Roads area at a more developed facility, preferably Jan-March, or September-October.
    There is an enormous military presence here, and naturally a huge following for Glock.
    My contact information:

Chris Leete
    cjleete@aol.com
    757-748-3968
    757-531-1314
    Norfolk, Va

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

An officer of your host club needs to contact Mr. Chris Edwards, GSSF Director in Smyrna, GA. You will find the address, phone and fax numbers at www.gssfonline.com

3. CJLeete

CJLeete

Thanks.. this is of course all contingent upon me surviving Iraq.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I'm sure everyone hee will join me in wishing you a safe assignment in Iraq.;? ;? ;? ;? ;?

5. cmzneb

cmzneb

Please post your response from Chris Edwards about hosting another GSSF event.

I inquired about this with "Scott" at the Hallsville match, and he looked less than thrilled about being asked this question. He went on to say that there are already plenty of matches... Probably wouldn't be anymore added unless some others didn't re-book for next year... Went on about how they would need to increase their budget...

Quite honestly Scott seemed awfully tired, like he has had enough of the GSSF matches for the year.

Just the impression I walked away with. ;Q

6. FixedSights

FixedSights

I hope you just caught him on a bad day, but otherwise, that's a pretty abysmal attitude to have. :(

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Based on my experience and the fact that I have known Scott since 1998 I would say you either took his comments the wrong way or you caught him at a time when he was exceptionally tired and maybe didn't feel well. Scott really works his butt off for GSSF so you and I can enjoy GSSF events. He probably spends more time on the road than any of the other folks and they all work exceptionally hard. Remember he is only human just like you and I and we all have days where we are not as cordial as we should be.

I have total confidence, respect and appreciation for all Scott's hard work. Remember it's a very small staff who spends much of the year on the road at matches and then has tons of work at the office when they do get home so you and I can enjoy the sport. This leaves very little time for Family and Personal relaxation.

8. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Looking at the GSSF match schedule and the calendar, they have conducted 21 matches over the last 26 weekends.

Knowing Scott, and I do, he has probably travelled to and from, and set up and run, over half of those. I also happen to know that they do NOT get "comp" time for working those weekends. Working for GSSF is a job for a masochist.

You work YOUR job Monday through Friday, then throw in 1/2 of your weekends on top of it, and lets just see how fresh as a daisy YOU would be! ;P

He probably also hears the same question everywhere he goes, and is tired of giving the same old, same old, answer over and over again and is having problems giving a gracious answer.

Here's one for you, Scott. ;V

9. FixedSights

FixedSights

I understand your defense of your friend, but he was just giving his impression that he got when he spoke with him and I just responded with my opinion of his impression. That's it. No one said that he wasn't a good guy or doing a good job or that he isn't appreciated for his thankless hard work.

10. cmzneb

cmzneb

I wasn't knocking on Scott here... Like I said he appeared very tired, and looked like he had enough.

I'm sure he puts 110% + some into the GSSF matches. GSSF does a great job with the matches.

11. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

No problem, No flame intended. I just wanted to be certain that everyone understood what kind of hectic schedule these fine folks follow so that we can enjoy a weekend of shooting and visiting with friends.

12. Clem

Clem

Donna & I second what Don & Norske said above. THANKS to all of the GSSF staff for all the work they do to make what we love to do possible. We hope y'all know how much we appreciate it, but if we haven't told y'all lately, "THANKS"!!!!!! See y'all soon in Conyers!! Tony & Donna