GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,334 Posts
Shawn of the Dead
This one has a special place of dis-honor for me. I'd been told by a number of people that if I liked Zombieland that I'd love Shawn of the Dead. Well my then girlfriend and I had thoroughly enjoyed Zombieland. So I got SotD, which we then watched and were underwhelmed by. Right after I proposed. Well, that part turned out to be a horror movie too. Now divorced.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I always thought SSJ was highly attractive. And yes, G. Hamilton makes for one damn funny vampire.

"Get your aristocratic chit together and split".
"What is this 23 skidoo"?
"What are you going to do, eat your lunch"? "No my lunch is going to eat you"?
Finally the scene inside the church with a funeral for a black person. Caskets were switched and Dracula ended up there. So he opens the casket and George Jefferson screams and jumps thru a stained glass window.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
This one has a special place of dis-honor for me. I'd been told by a number of people that if I liked Zombieland that I'd love Shawn of the Dead. Well my then girlfriend and I had thoroughly enjoyed Zombieland. So I got SotD, which we then watched and were underwhelmed by. Right after I proposed. Well, that part turned out to be a horror movie too. Now divorced.
Expectations can have an extreme effect. If you expect the best movie ever (for me, The Score) you're going to be disappointed. If you expect mediocre, and watch a good movie, you'll be impressed.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
I love horror comedy. There's such a wide range so I'd start with the more common ones.

Young Frankenstein, House, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Transylvania 6-5000, Night of the Creeps.

Newer stuff like Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil.

Mayhem is a great sick of my boss movie but I don't know if that's your speed.

·
NRA Life Member
28,421 Posts
21 - 40 of 99 Posts