close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Horrific Crime In Houston, Texas

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by packsaddle, Mar 22, 2010.

1. packsaddle

packsaddle

Carjacking kills 3-year-old, injures baby brother

By ANITA HASSAN
    HOUSTON CHRONICLE

March 22, 2010, 11:39AM

[​IMG]Eric Kayne Chronicle

A man with a semi-automatic rifle opened fire on a family's vehicle during an attempted carjacking at a north Houston apartment complex on Sunday, killing a 3-year-old girl and injuring her 1-year-old brother.

The family was getting into a car to leave the Live Oak Bend complex, 1351 Greens Parkway, around 1:30 p.m. when the armed man approached the father and demanded the keys to the late-model Pontiac Grand Prix. Before the father could remove the keys from the ignition and as he pleaded for his family's safety, the gunman fired shots at the car, police said.

“They had to take his baby's life for a car,” cried 24-year-old Carmella Williams, a cousin of the father.

Police said the shooting suspect is black, in his mid-20s, between 5-foot-8 and 5-foot-11 and weighs between 140 and 160 pounds and had bushy, matted hair. He was wearing a white T-shirt and shorts at the time of the attack.

The other suspect, a black male in his mid-20s and around 5-foot-6, weighs more than 200 pound, was dressed in a black T-shirt, black shorts and a black cap, police said.

The 3-year-old was taken to Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Initial reports indicated the girl was four years old, but police today said she was three. The boy was taken to another area hospital and is expected to recover.

“This is a pretty brutal crime,” Houston Police Department Homicide Division Sgt. John Roberts said. “This is pretty ugly.”

Grieving relatives mourned the loss of the happy little girl, who they say had sunny disposition and a sweet tooth for candy and juice.

“I had just seen her two days ago,” Williams said. “I just played with her and now she's gone.”
    Rims possibly the motive

Williams noted that her cousin's car may have been targeted for its expensive rims.

She was frustrated that witnesses in the apartment complex, where the family recently moved, weren't immediately providing police with more information about the killing, which happened in broad daylight.

Police said a second suspect may have involved, and that a burgundy mid-1990s Ford Taurus and blue mid-1990s Buick LeSabre were seen leaving the parking lot.

“Unfortunately a (3-year-old) girl lost her life in this case — a child who had not had the full experience to go to the zoo or McDonald's or even school,” HPD Homicide Division officer Ramon Cervantes Jr. said. “We're asking specifically the residents of this apartment complex, and anyone else for that matter, to come forward with information about this case.”

Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

anita.hassan@chron.com

Chronicle writer Dale Lezon contributed to this report.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. telecster

telecster

Real close to where I use to live and work..Greens Point Mall area..Very sad.

3. Morris

Morris CLM

Hey Sarge? It isn't "pretty." It's plainly brutal and plainly ugly.

I see the mother is tragically experiencing the "No snitchin'" rule within certain communities.

4. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Pretty brazen crime. Taking place in the middle of the day.

Sounds like they chose their location well. it's an apartment complex and nobody saw nutthin.

I hope they track him down and he decides to shoot it out, only his rifle jams and won't fire and they shoot him like 250 times.

5. VHT

VHT

Despicable Animals... Can't say what I want here.

6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Hope I'm wrong, and my apologies if I'm off base here...

What's the story on the father? Living in that neighborhood, late model car with fancy rims, driving the kids somewhere in the middle of the day... maybe working nights... maybe not working... maybe working selling goods .... of some sort.....

Guy goes up to car, demands keys, starts shooting before the driver has a chance to give them up, shoots up the car, and misses the driver?

The story just doesn't seem to add up to me, somethings off. Wonder if the guy knews these guys, maybe had a beef with them. Saw them coming, tried to take off, the car gets shot up, kids hit by accident.

Driver should have taken a few rounds if it went down like he said, don't you think?

Randy

7. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Compost the mother ****ers. Feed the crops.

8. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Not that it makes a difference as far as what should happen to the gunman but he may not have known the kid was in the backseat. and the shots fired were to hurry daddy along in exiting the vehicle.

A lot of these vehicles with expensive tires and rims also have limo tint on the windows. the story says this was a late model Pontiac but the current rage in my area for "gangsta" transportation is 90's model cars with horrendous paint jobs and tires and rims worth 4X what the car itself is worth.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  9. Kahr_Glockman

Kahr_Glockman

They don't call that area Gunspoint for nothin

10. I'M Glockamolie

I'M Glockamolie

Yep, you beat me to it.

11. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

Not me. Terrible waste of ammo. Just a few shots to extremely painful areas that cause him to die slowly seem more appropriate.

The movie Law Abiding Citizen comes to mind here.

12. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

You only need 1 bullet for buckwheats.:whistling:

What movie is that from? Forgot... 2 days to die in Colorado or something?

13. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Well, ya know what they say. Snitches lie in Ditches! Sucks don't it!

14. FM12

FM12 I need AMMO!

Not much information form the apartment occupants?

Warn a brother!!

15. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

"Snitches get stitches" comes home to roost.

The death of the child and the wounding of the little brother are terrible things. I foresee these suspects making all kinds of furtive movements when they're caught...

16. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Yeah, that makes sense....

After pumping the car full of warning shots, discovers he shot a kid, panics, and they take off without worrying about the car... I was thinking the driver was being targeted, but your scenario is at least as likely.

Randy

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  17. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"She was frustrated that witnesses in the apartment complex, where the family recently moved, weren't immediately providing police with more information about the killing, which happened in broad daylight."

:puking:

The national spinning around the drain has me dizzy.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010