Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Drunken Sailor
145 Posts
Wow...personally I don't know what to think. Part of me is wondering what is so different if anything about these. The other part is embarassed because when people see this type of product they are going to associate it with all gun owners.

Did anybody read that disclaimer on the bottom from the legal dept? haha

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

· Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Im thinking this is a bad idea for real live deadly ammunition.

· Yippee-ki-yay
1,306 Posts
Yeah, Im thinking this is a bad idea for real live deadly ammunition.
That's what I'm saying. Everyone in another thread told me to calm down :dunno:

I think it's funny, and awesome. I just see how some turd with this stuff could make all the fun go down the tubes. That's all. I think it is funny and would like to have a box just to put on the shelf... if it wasn't so darn over priced. lol maybe I can just buy an empty box?

· Registered
357 Posts
While it's always fun to mess around with fellow gun-enthusiasts regarding "zombie defense" weapons and such, I don't really see the point of Hornady's joke by marketing this type of ammo. Disclaimer or not, you run the risk of this ammo being treated as "play ammo". The cons of this just seem to outweigh the pros, at least in my head. I dunno, it just seems like bad business to me.

Jose

· Yippee-ki-yay
1,306 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the CDC bull they pulled last year/this year? While a zombie page on the CDC web site was funny... Is that really something a government department needs to be doing? Are they serious? What about when they screw up a shipment of Ebola or something.

Maybe I'm just turning into my old angry grandfather!? *and I'm only 28*...:tongueout:

· Registered
334 Posts
I think it's great! I like Hornady and this makes me think they can have fun with their products too. Not saying I'd buy any... but it would be a funny conversation piece in my safe:rofl:

· Registered
14,721 Posts
Do they put a tenacious coat of garlic on the slugs?

Interesting marketing ploy, however our firearms enemies are notoriously short of humor. They get their jollies by spreading lies, after all the ends justify the means, right? Don

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.