Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
.......and then it broke down and do I'm home and drinkin again.

Cheers

I guess I let it sit too long.......I thought jeeps were tough.........I'm thinking it blew a gasket......even though it just kinda stalled out.......there was a small fluid leak in front......kinda like when the water pump went...

......I can deal with anything up to a thousand right now.......any more than that, and I'm gonna have to find a 1k beater, or get a rental for a while.......

.....died in traffic right near a light....bout 1/2 mile from my house........someone yelled at me as I was standing on curb.......put the hazards on, ya idiot, or something.......hazards wont GO on, jerky.....

......I should be thankful.......and I am.....aaa got there reasonably quick, no one got hurt.....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
.......and then it broke down and do I'm home and drinkin again.
Cheers

Dude, keep this up and you're going to be known as the guy "In a Haze". :D

EDITED TO ADD;
I see you came back to add to your original opening 1 sentence post I had responded to. Had I known you were having car problems I wouldn't have made the "In a Haze" joke. Nothing funny about being stranded and tight on cash. Sorry man. Life's challenging, and I feel for ya. Hang in there.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude, keep this up and you're going to be known as the guy "In a Haze". :D

EDITED TO ADD;
I see you came back to add to your opening 1 sentence post, to provide us detail about you're having a lot of car and finance trouble. Nothing funny about being stranded and broke. Sorry man. Life's challenging. Hang in there.
.......well I always think worst case.......so they come back and say......its 2400.........I'll have to junk it and rent something for a bit.....I'm ok,.....but there went all the slack

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Hope you get it running again. Take care of yourself!

Reactions: Von Hayes

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Your main transportation needs to be reliable. Think used, very used Civic, Carolla, Mazda 3 etc. Save the jeeps for when you have a garage and money to tinker. It won't take long to save.

My brother used to buy 69 Camaro's for his main car when he was young. If he wasn't paying for parts he was putting in gas because of those 411's.

·
Pinky Out
60,683 Posts
Your main transportation needs to be reliable. Think used, very used Civic, Carolla, Mazda 3 etc. Save the jeeps for when you have a garage and money to tinker. It won't take long to save.

My brother used to buy 69 Camaro's for his main car when he was young. If he wasn't paying for parts he was putting in gas because of those 411's.
He isn’t talking a rock crawling YJ Jeep.

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
Well, just ratz :(
Didn't know you were/are having Jeep mechanical probs. Ratz!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Lots of jiggling i remember from that video!
Von, Every jeep cherokee or grand i had was a nightmare. My current grand has doubled what i have in it due to repairs in less than a year. 14 months till hers is paid for, then my turn. Yep get a subaru, honda, nissan or toyota for good mpg and reliability even used.

Thems my Athens, GA peeps!

I do love some hippie chicks. :hearts:

Reactions: G30SF/F-250

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is your jeep equipped with a low coolant shut down. You might be able to get it running if you top off the coolant. You still need to fix the leak but you can get it home to work on it.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is your jeep equipped with a low coolant shut down. You might be able to get it running if you top off the coolant. You still need to fix the leak but you can get it home to work on it.
That's good to know, betcha that's it. It's at the shop. Like I said AAA got there in half an hour so so......random two truck guy hped me get it out of traffic.....disappeared before I could thank him....

·
Pinky Out
60,683 Posts
That's good to know, betcha that's it. It's at the shop. Like I said AAA got there in half an hour so so......random two truck guy hped me get it out of traffic.....disappeared before I could thank him....
You should order some pizza and hope a hawt chick delivers it.

Be all cool and ****.

:cheers:

·
Registered
21,454 Posts
1 - 20 of 117 Posts