GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,074 Posts
I only exit thru dead bolted doors so I have to have my keys. A few times I walked out to the car with people when they were leaving and they came out after me and thought they were doing me a favor by locking the knob lock, and thus locking me out. I have a key hid to get into my shed which has a house key well hiden in it so my friends can't lock me out when I am not paying attention

·
Rational
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You're a dick. And that was funny.
But he's OUR dick.

....wait, that came out wrong. Anyways....

That sucks even more than when I locked mine in my tuck my first day at a new job. Talk about looking like a moron on day 1. At least it was daytime, and I have AAA so I didn't have to pay.
I love AAA. They jumpstarted my car two days in a row and towed it 15 miles home back in August. Barely costed me more than $45 for the tow.

Now the battery and the cab ride, that was another story.....

In other news, I no longer have that car, AND I'm $1,500 richer because of it. Now it can be someone else's problem child.

1014201257.jpg

I've never loved Benjamin Franklin more. Such a glorious, beautiful man. I want to rub my nipples with your likeness, Benjamin.

Ahem. What were we talking about now? @G30SF/F-250, how dare you.

·
NRA Life Member
28,421 Posts
Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Separate trips just for gas? Just fill up while you are allready out. Problem solved. And as others have stated, all you lost was a few bucks. Nobody got hurt or killed or anything like that. No biggie.

·
Rational
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Separate trips just for gas? Just fill up while you are allready out. Problem solved. And as others have stated, all you lost was a few bucks. Nobody got hurt or killed or anything like that. No biggie.
In hindsight, I should have just come back inside and stayed warm for the night. Sigh. At least I'd still have my Safeway points.

·
rip "Bud"
8,883 Posts
I keep a key hidden, for the house. Also a house key on my set of car keys. Which are always on me. Used to carry a house key in my wallet. You may want to adjust your security system a bit.

·
Registered
20,444 Posts
I had to pay for an unlock once, never again. I got keys for the house and car hidden everywhere! I also like installing the combo lock doorknobs. You can get fancy with little motors in them that will open with your cell phone or simple with just a manual number punch and then you turn the knob.

/

·
M62/76
11,958 Posts
$268? Lord that’s expensive. But if you need it, it’s worth it I suppose. The one time it happened to me I was charged $95.

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
That is one of those expensive lessons where you won't ever let that happen again.

I leave extra keys in a location where I can tell someone to bring them to me. Even that is a pain for the person who has to take time to retrieve them for me.

A little armchair quarterbacking 20/20 hindsight....

For $268 buy a cordless drill and some bits and drill the hell out of the locks until they cry uncle.

Or break a window like you mentioned.

·
Rational
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That is one of those expensive lessons where you won't ever let that happen again.

I leave extra keys in a location where I can tell someone to bring them to me. Even that is a pain for the person who has to take time to retrieve them for me.

A little armchair quarterbacking 20/20 hindsight....

For $268 buy a cordless drill and some bits and drill the hell out of the locks until they cry uncle.

Or break a window like you mentioned.
If only my drill wasn't INSIDE the house at the time, lol.

And I made a mistake....it was actually $265. Not that I feel any better about that....

On an off-note, I got an emailed receipt from the guys who did it.

And that's great. Very nice.

Except for one thing......I never gave them my email address.

Apparently, this is a big problem with Squareup, which is the program/app/system/whatever that they used. Now my email is stored with these people, and I don't even know how they got it.

What a great night....

·
Rational
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ok I have to ask, why in the world go out late at night for gas? Just curious.
Why not? I had more than enough time when I went to leave. It was only about 7:30.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts

·
Rational
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Stupid should be an expensive lesson, you're smarter now.

Also, who goes out after they are in fir the night to get gas?

And how do you lock a deadbolt door behind you without the key?
Well, it's easy to do when the DOORKNOB has a lock.....

And why the **** does it matter what time I go out to get gas? Nobody here has answered me that yet. I worked graveyard for 6 straight years....I bought gas at 2 and 3 in the morning....you people are *****ing at me about a 7:30 PM gas run? Get over it.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts